Vanilla Cake Pop Recipe
Easy to make Vanilla Cake Pops made with Vanilla Cake mixed with vanilla frosting. The cake balls are then dipped in chocolate and topped with sprinkles. Perfect for Birthdays, baby showers or any get together!
Servings: 24 Cake Pops
- 1 box Vanilla Cake Mix (prepared according to package instructions and cooled)
- ½ Cup Frosting (Homemade or store bought)
- 2 Cups White Chocolate or Candy Melts
- ½ Cup Sprinkles
Crumble cake in a large mixing bowl and add vanilla frosting to it. Mix it all well using a fork or with your hands.
Form 24 balls with this cake mixture and allow them to chill until firm to touch. Take them out of refrigerator and roll them again quickly one more time to smoothen them out.
Melt white chocolate using double boiler or in microwave (in small increments). Add a tsp of oil to thin it out if necessary! Dip the tip of lollipop sticks in melted chocolate and press it in the center of cake ball.
Then dip the ball in chocolate and immediately top with sprinkles. Allow to set on Styrofoam until ready to serve.
Repeat the step above until all the cake pops are formed. Enjoy!
Tips for perfect Cake Pops:
- Store cake pops in refrigerator at all times until ready to be served. Cake pops can stand room temperature for a few hours if it is not hot outside.
- To freeze cake pops for later use I suggest freeze them uncoated. Thaw cake balls completely for a few hours/overnight in refrigerator and them coat them in melted chocolate.
- Never dip super chilled cake balls into hot chocolate or else your cake pops can crack.
- Always allow cake balls to firm up in the fridge to help them stick to lollipop sticks and coat easily.
- After chilling, roll the balls quickly once again. This little step will make super smooth and pretty cake pops!
- If you notice the chocolate is getting too thick to work with, reheat it using ½ tsp of oil to thin it out.
Serving: 1Cake Pop | Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Sugar: 6g