Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe
Soft, fluffy and moist Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin recipe made with sour cream. These are perfectly puffy muffins topped with lemon glaze ready in under 30 minutes!
Servings: 12 Muffins
12 Cup Baking Pan
- 2 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- ½ Cup Oil (Vegetable/ canola/avocado)
- 1 ½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Cup Confectioners' sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Lemon zest
Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners and preheat your oven to 400˚F. In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs and granulated sugar with stand mixer/hand beater on high till it gets thick and light in color.
Next add sour cream, oil, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Mix it all on low speed until combined.
Sift all dry ingredients (all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds) over wet and fold just until combined.
Divide batter into 12 muffin liners until all the batter is used up. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove muffins from tin after 4-5 minutes and cool on a wire rack until room temperature then drizzle with lemon glaze.
Store muffins covered tightly at room temp for up to 2 days. These muffins can also be frozen up to 2 months. Thaw them overnight in the fridge or microwave for around 30 seconds direct from the freezer.
Tips to make best muffins every time:
- Do not over mix the batter: This is the most important step to keep in mind while making muffins' batter. While mixing dry ingredients into wet, fold only till the streaks of flour disappear in the batter. Else muffins may turn out dense and dry if the batter is over mixed.
- Use fresh Lemons: Fresh lemons yield 100x better flavor than the lemons sold in bottles. Always reach out for fresh lemons to make homemade muffins.
- Room temperature ingredients make all the difference: Room temp ingredients mix well with each other creating a uniform batter. This ultimately leads to a perfect bake!
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 38mg | Sugar: 27g