Easy Chocolate Recipe
Soft, decadent, moist, tender and easy Chocolate Cake recipe made in one bowl using minimal ingredients and no fancy equipments! Oh and this cake is accidently dairy free. Always top it off with heaps of Chocolate Ganache, Always.
Servings: 9 Slices
- 1 ½ Cup All purpose flour
- ⅓ (35 gms) Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I used Hersheys)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp White Distilled Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Oil
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Hot Coffee (or you may use 1 cup hot water)
- 1 (453) Pound semi sweet Chocolate (Good quality, chopped)
- 2 (16 oz) Cups Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two 6 inches pans with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together egg, vinegar, oil, sugar and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda) over wet ingredients and fold gently. Now add a cup of hot coffee over this mixture and form the batter. Batter will be runny, worry not. It is supposed to be runny. Do not over mix it.
Pour batter in the prepared liners and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the cake passes tooth pick test. Take cakes out of oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes in the pans and then invert on wire rack to cool completely.
Microwave or heat heavy cream on gas top till it just comes to a boil. Add it to chopped chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add honey and vanilla to the ganache and give it a quick stir again.
Cover and allow to set on room temp. for about 5-6 hours or in the refrigerator for about ½ an hour. Frost on cool cakes as desired.
Frosted or unfrosted cakes can be stored in the freezer for about 2 months. Allow to thaw at room temp on counter top before enjoying.
Cakes and ganache can be prepared ahead and can be frosted the next day.
Store cake covered at all times to retain moisture. Chocolate cake will stay good at room temp for 2 days.
- You can double this recipe to bake in two 8 inches pans. Also double the recipe for chocolate ganache. Oven temp would remain the same.
- To make cupcakes out of this batter, fill cupcake liners up to ⅔ full and bake at 350 deg F for about 20-22 minutes. This batter will yield 12 cupcakes.
- Adding coffee to the batter is optional but I recommend it highly. It will enhance the flavor of chocolate in the cake and you won't taste coffee in the baked cake at all.
- Hot water can be replaced with buttermilk in this cake. But I prefer the taste of former better.
- Always frost on completely cooled cakes. You may even bake these cakes a day ahead. Store them covered at room temp and frost the next day.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 643kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 37g | Sodium: 161mg | Sugar: 35g