Easy scones recipe studded with funfetti sprinkles, dipped in a vanilla glaze and dotted with more sprinkles. Yep, I smell birthday breakfast!
1. Preheat oven to 425 deg F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper/silicon mat. Set aside.
2. Sift both the flours, baking powder and salt in a medium/large bowl. Add sugar and sprinkles to it. Now mix in heavy cream and extracts. Fold/stir the batter GENTLY with a wooden spoon or spatula until no dry bits of flour are visible.
3. You may sprinkle in a tablespoon or two of flour additionally, if the dough is too sticky. Dough should just be moist and not particularly sticky.
4. On a floured work surface, pat the dough out into a 3/4'' circle. And cut into 4 triangular wedges with a sharp knife. Place them 2'' apart on the baking sheet. Brush them with cream and keep them in freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
5. Bake the chilled scones for about 14-15 minutes or untill their edges start to brown. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
To prepare vanilla glaze:
1. Whisk sugar, milk, salt and vanilla together until combined. If you find the glaze too thin, add a little more confectioners' sugar. If you find it too viscous for your liking, add some more milk.
2. Dunk the scones in the prepared glaze or drizzle it on top.
3. After icing, top with more sprinkles if desired.