Carrot Cake Bites
Moist, chewy and over flowing with carrot cake flavors Carrot Cake Bites. These bites are no bake and require only 15 minutes of prep time. Congrats, you just found a healthy way to eat your Carrot Cake!
Servings: 12 Good size Bites
- 2 Tbsp Oats flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut flour
- 1 Cup (128 gms) Almond flour
- 3 Tbsp Honey (or maple syrup, if vegan)
- 1/2 cup (60 gms) Carrots (Grated)
- 1/2 tsp Spices (I use 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp ginger, a big pinch of nutmeg)
For coating the Energy Bites
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes (I used unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
Mix all the ingredients- carrots, honey, spices, coconut, oats and almond flour in a mixing bowl and stir together using a spatula. Stir till the mixture starts coming together.
Alternatively you can process all the ingredients in a food processor till the mixture sticks together. But the dough shouldn't get too sticky or wet!
Roll the dough between your hands into 6 balls.
Take some honey in a plate and roll these balls lightly in it before coating with coconut.
Store bites in refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Always store these Energy Bites in refrigerator. These will stay goof for up to a week.
- For longer storage, you may freeze them for a month. Thaw over night in the refrigerator or on counter top for a few hours before enjoying.
- Coating the bites with honey before rolling them in coconut flakes makes the task super easy.
- Use maple syrup instead of honey if you are vegan.
Serving: 1Bite | Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Sugar: 6g