Healthy and Vegan Oatmeal Bars
Gooey and chocolatey Vegan Oatmeal Bars are filled with good fats, free from butter/oil and refined sugar! They still taste like an indulgent oatmeal bar.
Servings: 9 Medium Bars
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Natural nut butter of choice (I used NuttZo chocolate power fuel)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (Processed into fine flour)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Oat Milk/Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate chips, divided (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line a 6x6" square baking pan with parchment paper overhanging on sides. This will help to take out the baked bars out of pan easliy. Set it aside.2. In a mixing bowl add nut butter, sugar and vanilla. Cream them together on high for 1-1 1/2 minutes. You can use either stand mixer with paddle attachment or a hand mixer works too.3. Now add oats flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl and pour oats/almond milk over it. Now again beat on low speed first and gradually increase the speed to medium. Beating the mix won't take more than 30 seconds. Take care not to over mix it. The dough will pull together easily into big mounds as it moves around in the mixing bowl.4. Fold the chocolate chips (if adding) in. Save a few to press on top.5. Transfer the dough in the pre-lined pan. And press it down evenly. Dot the top with remaining chocolate chips.6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Or till the edges are crackly and golden. Tooth pick inserted in the middle should come out with a few moist crumbs. If you want firmly set bars bake for about 5 minutes extra. But keep an eye on them, you don't want over baked and dry bars!7. Let them cool down in the pan and then remove from pan holding the edges of parchment paper. Slice into 9 bars.
Can you freeze bars?
Absolutely. Freeze them wrapped individually in a freezer bag for upto 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature to enjoy!
- You can store oatmeal bars at room temperature covered tightly for 2-3 days.
- The bars keep well in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.