Gooey and chocolatey Vegan Oatmeal Bars are filled with good fats, free from butter/oil and refined sugar! They still taste like an indulgent oatmeal bar.
Inspite the fact that these vegan oatmeal bars are made with oats flour and they are gluten free, these have a fabulous texture. And taste pretty decadent!
So soft and nutty from nut butter. Dotted with a ton of melty chocolate chips. Thick and chewy from oats. Sweetened with coconut sugar. And so easy to make!
Ingredients Used and substitutions
Made with 8 simple ingredients, this homemade oatmeal bars recipe is pretty healthy and keeps you full for longer. Thanks to all the Nut Butter in the recipe! We are using half a cup to make 9 medium bars.
Have one as a Breakfast bar (oh what a treat!) and you are good till lunch time.
Lets see what hides in our Homemade Oat Bars-
- Oats Flour– homemade (Vegan and GF) old fashioned rolled oats flour
- Natural Nut Butter of choice
- Unsweetened Oat Milk or Almond milk
- Coconut Sugar– you can replace it with Brown Sugar or even Date Sugar (yes, it’s a thing!). Love the use of dates in these bars right here!
- Baking Powder for slight lift
- Sea Salt to balance the sweetness. If your nut butter already contains salt, adjust accordingly!
- Vanilla for flavor
- Dark Chocolate Chips coz they are must!
How to make vegan baked oatmeal bars
We start off by quickly creaming nut butter and coconut sugar. Then gradually add your dry ingredients alternating with almond milk to the bowl. Combine just until it all mixes well. Pour in a lined 6×6″ baking pan. And bake for 23-25 minutes.
These Easy and one bowl Bars are-
- Perfect as Breakfast Bars
- Best after school snacks
- Easy bake to bring to parties/pot lucks
- Great for anyone with food allergies as they are Gluten free, eggs free, dairy free
Are oats Bar healthy?
Of course our easy oatmeal bars recipe is super healthy. And here is why!
- Packed with loads of fiber from oats and calcium from oats milk
- Contains no refined sugar, zero oil or butter and is gluten free
- Filled with the goodness of natural nut butter
- Contains a good amount of protein
- Made with simple and easy to spell ingredients
Why the heck are you still here? Rush to your kitchen and bake a batch of these Homemade Oatmeal Bars!
Or try my healthy and flavor packed granola bars next!
If you like chewy bars then you will love these chewiest almond bars (with blueberries) ever!
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Natural nut butter of choice (I used NuttZo chocolate power fuel)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (Processed into fine flour)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Oat Milk/Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate chips, divided (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line a 6x6" square baking pan with parchment paper overhanging on sides. This will help to take out the baked bars out of pan easliy. Set it aside.2. In a mixing bowl add nut butter, sugar and vanilla. Cream them together on high for 1-1 1/2 minutes. You can use either stand mixer with paddle attachment or a hand mixer works too.3. Now add oats flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl and pour oats/almond milk over it. Now again beat on low speed first and gradually increase the speed to medium. Beating the mix won't take more than 30 seconds. Take care not to over mix it. The dough will pull together easily into big mounds as it moves around in the mixing bowl.4. Fold the chocolate chips (if adding) in. Save a few to press on top.5. Transfer the dough in the pre-lined pan. And press it down evenly. Dot the top with remaining chocolate chips.6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Or till the edges are crackly and golden. Tooth pick inserted in the middle should come out with a few moist crumbs. If you want firmly set bars bake for about 5 minutes extra. But keep an eye on them, you don't want over baked and dry bars!7. Let them cool down in the pan and then remove from pan holding the edges of parchment paper. Slice into 9 bars.
- You can store oatmeal bars at room temperature covered tightly for 2-3 days.
- The bars keep well in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.