Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies
Super soft in the centers, oh-so-decadent, mega chewy and festive Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies all dolled up for Valentines!
Servings: 9 Cookies
- ¼ Cup Butter (Room temperature)
- 1 oz Cream Cheese (Brick style, Room temperature)
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ½ large Egg (Lightly whisk an egg and add 2 Tbsp to the dough)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder (natural. unsweetened)
- ½ tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 Cup (minus 2 Tbsp) (110 gm) All purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup Non-Pareil sprinkles
In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter for a minute. Add cream cheese next and beat it until combined. Next beat in both sugars for minimum 2 minutes or till the mixture gets light and fluffy.
Next add in ½ of an egg (to measure it lightly whisk an egg, measure 2 Tablespoons out of it and add it to the butter + sugar mixture) and vanilla.
Now it's time to incorporate dry ingredients to wet. Sift cocoa powder, flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Beat for about a minute or just until everything is mixed well.
Divide dough into 9 balls, roll in sprinkles, place cookie dough balls on a lined baking tray and quickly freeze the tray to chill for about 15 minutes or till the dough balls are very firm to touch.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 deg F and bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes.
the edges should be set and the tops will be just set. Don;t be tempted to over bake them. These cookies will firm up as they cool.
Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes on baking tray and then transfer on wire rack to complete cooling.
- The cookies will stay fresh for about 3-4 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Both baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen. Thaw baked cookies on the counter top overnight before serving. No need to thaw unbaked cookie dough balls. Just bake them for an extra minute.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 188mg | Sugar: 11g