Super soft in the centers, oh-so-decadent, mega chewy and festive Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies all dolled up for Valentines!
These Valentines Day Cookies are the only way to express your love! If you love chocolate and pink sprinkles, leave everything else you are doing and preheat that oven.
Chocolate Cream cheese cookies ingredients:
- Butter and cream cheese: Don’t replace or alter the quantity of any of these two ingredients for best texture.
- Sugar: We will use both granulated and brown sugar to bake soft cookies.
- Egg and vanilla: For structure and flavor.
- Flour: All purpose flour is the base of this recipe.
- Cocoa powder: I have used natural unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe.
- Salt: To balance sweetness.
- Leavener: For lift
- Instant Espresso Powder: Espresso intensifies the flavor of chocolate/
- Cornstarch: To make the softest chocolate cookies around.
How to make Chocolate cream cheese cookies:
- Beat room temp butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in sugars, next beat in egg and vanilla.
- Now add all the dry ingredients and fold in to combine.
- Make dough balls and roll in sprinkles.
- Place on baking tray and chill the dough quickly in freezer.
- Bake the cookies!
- Have one while it’s warm.
Why you will love these Valentines Cookies:
- Coz they involve Chocolate!!!
- Exceptionally soft in the centers (thanks to cream cheese)
- Sweet crunch from sprinkles
- Perfect balance of sweet and chocolate flavors
Chocolate Cookies variations:
- Skip sprinkles (Omg! who am I!!!) and add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chunks to make them Triple Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies, yum!!
- If you love the combination of orange and chocolate add orange zest from a large orange to these cookies to make them Italian Chocolate Cookies!
- Or add some walnut chunks to the dough along with chocolate chips.
More Valentines Day Cookies:
Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Butter (Room temperature)
- 1 oz Cream Cheese (Brick style, Room temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 large Egg (Lightly whisk an egg and add 2 Tbsp to the dough)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (natural. unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 Cup (minus 2 Tbsp) (110 gm) All purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Non-Pareil sprinkles
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter for a minute. Add cream cheese next and beat it until combined. Next beat in both sugars for minimum 2 minutes or till the mixture gets light and fluffy.
- Next add in 1/2 of an egg (to measure it lightly whisk an egg, measure 2 Tablespoons out of it and add it to the butter + sugar mixture) and vanilla.
- Now it's time to incorporate dry ingredients to wet. Sift cocoa powder, flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Beat for about a minute or just until everything is mixed well.
- Divide dough into 9 balls, roll in sprinkles, place cookie dough balls on a lined baking tray and quickly freeze the tray to chill for about 15 minutes or till the dough balls are very firm to touch.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 deg F and bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes.
- the edges should be set and the tops will be just set. Don;t be tempted to over bake them. These cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes on baking tray and then transfer on wire rack to complete cooling.
- The cookies will stay fresh for about 3-4 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Both baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen. Thaw baked cookies on the counter top overnight before serving. No need to thaw unbaked cookie dough balls. Just bake them for an extra minute.