Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
You will fall in love with this Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe that bakes very soft and thick. They only need 30 minutes chill time!
Servings: 18 Cookies
- ½ Cup Butter (unsalted, softened to room temperature)
- 2 oz Cream Cheese (Brick style, softened to room temperature)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (Packed, both light or dark works)
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ Cups All Purpose Flour (measured correctly)
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 12 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
In the bowl or a stand mixer, or using a hand beater beat butter and both sugars, till light and fluffy. This should take about 1-2 minutes
Now add softened cream cheese and continue to beat till it appears pale and fluffy. About 2 minutes. Next add in egg and beat again. Add vanilla and espresso powder and give it a quick whirl too.
Now sift all the dry ingredients (Flour, cornstarch, cocoa, baking soda and salt) over wet. And slowly mix them all in to form dough. Add in chocolate chips. Chill the dough in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes. Or up to 5 hours in the fridge.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 deg F and line 2 baking sheets with silicon mat or parchment paper. Drop about 2 Tbsps mounds of cookie dough on sheets and place them around 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10-11 minutes. When done. the cookies will appear just set in the corners and puffy in the middle. Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes on baking tray and then transfer to wire rack to complete cooling.
How to Store Chocolate Cookies:
Quick Tips to bake perfect Chocolate Cookies every time:
- Double Chocolate Cookies will stay fresh covered in an air tight container for 4-5 days.
- You can freeze baked or unbaked dough balls in the freezer for about 2 months. When ready to bake, allow dough balls to stand for an hour on the counter top and bake then.
- Always begin with room temperature butter, egg and cream cheese to bake perfect cookies.
- Take extra care not to over measure your flour. Or else the cookies will bake tough and over thick (in a bad way).
- You can skip coffee powder if you want. But adding it enhances the chocolate flavor. You won't taste coffee in the baked cookies at all!
- Chill chocolate cookie dough for at least 30 minutes prior to shaping and baking. If you are not in a hurry, try chilling the dough for a few hours, to ensure perfectly thick and flavorful cookies.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 151mg | Sugar: 21g