Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
Easy Cherry Dump Cake Recipe made with 4 ingredients- yellow cake mix, cherry pie filling, butter and almond extract.
Servings: 9 Slices
- ½ package Yellow Cake Mix
- ¼ Cup (½ stick) Salted Butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Spray or line with parchment a 9"x 13" baking dish with 8 inch Square Pan.
Stir ½ tsp almond extract into the can of pie filling. Pour the can of cherry pie filling into prepared baking pan.
Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over cherry pie filling. Pour melted butter all over the top of the cake mix slowly and try mix butter into the the cake mix using a spoon or your fingers.
Bake for about 45-55 minutes or until the cake looks golden on top and the cherry pie is bubbling underneath.
This cake tastes best on the same day. But leftovers can be stored in refrigerator for upto 2 days.
- If you like, you can add some slice almonds in the cake mix to make it a little crunchy.
- Almond extract can be omitted, try replacing it with vanilla. It pairs perfectly with cherries.
- For an added tart flavor you can use some canned pineapple along with cherries. In that case use ½ can of cherry pie filling and ½ of 20 oz can of pineapple.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 268mg | Sugar: 12g