Easy Cherry Dump Cake Recipe made with 4 ingredients- yellow cake mix, cherry pie filling, butter and almond extract.
Craving a quick and easy cake that takes minimum ingredients and literally no time in getting to oven? Then you've come to the right place!
Oh and if you love cherries, try my Healthy Chocolate Muffins dotted with fresh cherries!
But for now grab a yellow cake mix and a can of cherry Pie filling and lets begin!
Taste and Texture:
- Crumbly and cookie like cake
- Sits on gooey and warm cherry filling
- Almost like eating a cobbler/pie (only made in so much less time)
Ingredients for Dump Cake:
- Salted Butter: Melt and cool down the butter slightly before adding it to cake mix.
- Cherry Pie Filling: We will use 1 can of cherry filling in the base of this cake.
- Almond Extract: Almond flavor goes well with cherries. I strongly suggest you try it this way. Just ½ teaspoon is required.
- Yellow Cake Mix: You will need ½ of the entire package to make an 8 inch dump cake.
How to make Cherry Dump Cake:
- Begin by mixing almond extract into the can of filling.
- Add filling to the cake pan. Next pour ½ package of cake mix over it.
- Now pour in melted butter slowly and give it a quick mix using hands so that almost all cake mix is wet with butter.
- And bake at 350 deg F until it turns golden on top.
Can I make this in a 9x13 inch baking tray?
Absolutely! You will need 2 cherry pie cans and one whole box of cake mix.
Can I skip Almond Extract?
If you don't have it on hand, feel free to skip it. I suggest replacing it with a splash of vanilla extract for a better flavor.
Does dump cake need to be refrigerated?
You can serve Cherry Dump Cake straight out of the oven. Top it off with some whipped cream or a scoop of ice-cream if you prefer!
How do you tell if a dump cake is done?
When your dump cake is done, it will appear golden on top and cherry pie filling underneath would be bubbling.
Do you serve dump cake hot or cold?
It is a personal preference, since this is a quick dessert you can serve it right outta oven. If there are leftovers, they can be refrigerated for a day or two!
More easy summer recipes for you:
If you liked this recipe give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- 8 inch Square Pan
- ½ package Yellow Cake Mix
- ¼ Cup (½ stick) Salted Butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Spray or line with parchment a 9"x 13" baking dish with 8 inch Square Pan.
- Stir ½ teaspoon almond extract into the can of pie filling. Pour the can of cherry pie filling into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over cherry pie filling. Pour melted butter all over the top of the cake mix slowly and try mix butter into the the cake mix using a spoon or your fingers.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes or until the cake looks golden on top and the cherry pie is bubbling underneath.
- If you like, you can add some slice almonds in the cake mix to make it a little crunchy.
- Almond extract can be omitted, try replacing it with vanilla. It pairs perfectly with cherries.
- For an added tart flavor you can use some canned pineapple along with cherries. In that case use ½ can of cherry pie filling and ½ of 20 oz can of pineapple.