1. Preheat your oven to 425 deg F. Line a dark baking tray with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can butter a cast iron skillet. Set it aside.
2. Place flour, baking powder, salt, both chopped garlic and garlic powder, parsley, chili flakes and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add cold and cubed butter to the bowl. Cut and mix butter into dry ingredients using a pastry cutter/fork. Combine till coarse crumbs form.
3. Add in cheddar cheese and add 1/2 cup of cold buttermilk. Stir it all together till all ingredients combine well. Do not over work the dough. It will appear very crumbly!
4. Turn the dough to a floured surface and form a rectangle out of the dough. Check out process pics in the post above for reference.
5. Now using fold and flatten technique, fold and flatten your dough 3 times. Then using your hands/rolling pin form a rectangle about 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
6. Cut into biscuits using a glass/biscuit cutter about 2-3 inches in diameter. Work with scraps till you have 5-6 biscuits.
7. Place on prepared tray/cast iron and brush with remaining buttermilk. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until they appear golden brown on top.
8. Take the cheddar cheese biscuits out from oven and brush with melted butter generously. Enjoy warm!