Rice krispie rolls with pistachios and rose filling
Chewy and flavorful pistachios and rose flavored rice krispie rolls pin wheels, filled with gooey pink marshmallow fluff and wrapped in crushed pistachios and dried rose leaves!
Servings: 24 Slices
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 10 oz (280 Gms) Mini marsmallows
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup Roughly chopped pistachios
- 3 oz (85 Gms) Pistachio pudding and pie filling jello
- 6 Cups Crisp rice cereal
- A large pinch Salt
- Few drops Green gel food coloring (if using)
For the rose filling
- 1 1/2 Cups (Approx.) Marshmallow fluff
- Few drops Rose essence/ 2 Tsp rose water
- Few drops Pink gel food coloring (if using)
- 2 Tbsp Dried and crushed rose petals
- 1/2 cup Chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup Dried rose petals
1. Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch cookie sheet/jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.2. Add butter in a pan and melt mini marshmallows on low flame, stirring occasionally. Once melted, add salt, cardamom, pistachios and jello. Mix well to combine. Add cereal to this mixture and stir until these are well coated with the green mix.3. Add food coloring(if required) and press this mixture into a lined jelly roll pan/ cookie sheet. Press firmly, using a greased spatula, to avoid the mix sticking to the spatula.4. Add crushed petals, rose essence/rose water and pink food coloring (if using) to marshmallow fluff. Spread this on the cereal.5. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes and roll tightly, starting at the short side of the sheet.6. Regrigerate this again for 30-45 minutes and cut the log into pinwheels of desired thickness using a sharp knife.
I cut my pinwheels into 24 slices, about one inches thick. You can cut them as per the thickness you desire.
You may use any stiff frosting like butter cream or nut butter frostings to fill these rolls. Refrigerate these for good one hour before slicing.
You can even switch rose flavor with strawberry by using a packet of freeze dried strawberries (finely ground it and mix with marshmallow fluff filling). Or even a tsp of strawberry extract would be so great here. Skip decorating with dried rose on the top if going this route.