Flavor and texture packed Cinnamon crumb coffee cake recipe topped with buttery cinnamon crumb. It also hides a swirly chocolate layer inside!
This post is sponsored by Left Field Farms but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Cinnamon crumb coffee cake recipe for times you have a huge flavor+texture filled breakfast craving! Coz this ain't some boring coffee cake you get in your corner bakery.
This crumb topped cake is over flowing with a tender and buttery crumb, sitting on a fluffy vanilla cake. The crumb is made with chocolate chips (of-course), some pecan chunks, cinnamon, a hint of ginger (so good!), and lots of butter!
And that cake? Omg! It has over-the-top vanilla flavor and bakes super moist+ultra fluffy. What makes it happen???
Duo of milk and vanilla creamer.
I love adding creamers to my coffee cakes. You see these creamers are made with real cream, milk and sugar (and not much else).
Just the best ingredients that we need to make the most scrumptious coffee cake around!
Today we are using vanilla one to give our coffee cake a triple dose of Vanilla! Yes, triple.
- Vanilla creamer + vanilla extract in the cake batter
- Vanilla creamer in the chocolate layer
- Glaze on top
Easy cinnamon crumb coffee cake recipe:
It couldn't get any easier than this!
- Melt some butter, add and mix your wet ingredients together. Sift dry over wet. This is your vanilla batter.
- Add some cocoa powder to your vanilla creamer for the chocolate layer.
- Mix some sugar, flour and butter along with cinnamon (and ground ginger) to make streusel
Layer them all and boom!!! You are done!
Look at that distinct layer of chocolate! You only need two ingredients. Cocoa powder and creamer. No extra sugar, cream or milk. Coz our creamer has it all.
Yay to convenience! And look at its texture.
A serious indulgence for your mornings.
⇓ ⇓ ⇓
With a ton of buttery crumb, chocolate chips, some coffee and lots of creamer!
Cake recipe adapted from Budget bites.
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Largs Egg
- 3 Tbsp Melted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Left Field Farms vanilla creamer
- 2 tsp Vinegar
For the chocolate layer
- 2 tsp Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp Vanilla creamer
For the Crumb Topping
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Pecan chunks (optional)
- ¼ Cup Chocolate chips
For vanilla glaze
- ½ Cup Confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tsp Vanilla Creamer
- Making the Cinnamon Crumb Topping:Mix all the topping ingredients (except chocolate chips and pecans) together till these are well combined and a crumbly mixture forms.
For the Chocolate Layer:Add vanilla creamer to cocoa and mix well using a fork till it get smooth and no lump remains.For the glaze:Slowly mix creamer in your confectioners' sugar and keep whisking. Add more creamer (if desired) to reach the desired consistency! Keep it covered, till ready to use.
For Vanilla Cake:
1.Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line a 6 inches square cake tin with parchment paper overhanging on the side (for easy removal of the cake) and set it aside.2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium mixing bowl and set it aside too.3. In another bowl, mix well egg, sugar, vinegar, melted butter, vanilla extract, vanilla creamer and milk. Whisk till everything combines well.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over dry ones and fold until combined using a spatula.5. Layer the pre-lined tin with half of cake mixture. Spread the chocolate layer. Pour remaining batter in the pan.6. Top the batter with crumb topping, nuts and chocolate chips. Bake for 25-27 minutes. Or until your cake is baked well and bounces back when touched in the center.7. Let it cool down a bit and take out of the pan using over hangs and cool down further on a wire stand.Drizzle with glaze.