Soft, light and buttery Pistachio Bundt Cake flavored with real pistachios and almond extract. Finished off with fun and festive green candy melts topping!
You need to try my easy pistachio cupcake recipe next.
Pistachio is such an underrated dessert flavor! Pistachio pairs wonderfully with so many other flavors. Vanilla, Almonds, Strawberries, Coconut and Omg Orange!
Desserts taste THE BEST when Pistachio is the flavor in focus. Seriously, don’t you love pistachio flavored ice-cream? Or pistachio and vanilla flavored cookies? Coconut-Pistachio layer cake?? Anyone???
I am getting super hungry, need to crack some pistachios open!!! And already getting dynamite ideas for my next post. ;D
What hides in this Pistachio bundt cake
Real pistachios. We aren’t using any artificial pistachio pudding in today’s recipe. We will ground our beautiful green shelled pistachios and add them in the cake batter. ⇓
A combination of oil and butter to make the pistachio bundt cake taste buttery and stay ultra-moist and tender for days!
An egg for binding and some greek yogurt for the added moisture and richness.
Almond and vanilla extracts. Because we aren’t using any fake pistachio flavors in our cake, we certainly need to amp up the flavor of pistachio with almond extract. And pistachios pair supremely well with almond.
You will taste buttery and sweet pistachio flavor combined with vanilla and a hint of almond in every bite!
Such a lovely Easter tide bake! Or a perfect St Patrick’s Day cake if you will. Oh come on do you even need a reason! 😀 😀 😀
A few drops of Green food coloring to reach that light green pistachio color. You see, pistachios add a hint of green to the cake batter. But if you don’t mind food-colorings, I recommend adding some drops for that prettiest pistachio green.
Cake flour as opposed to all purpose flour. Cornstarch present in cake flours produces very light textured cakes. If you want your cake to taste light, use cake flour. You can even make a DIY at home. Just measure a cup of APF, remove 2 Table spoons out and replace with 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch. Sift 3-4 times. And there you have it!
Rest is the usual gang of leaveners, some salt, sugar and milk. No brainer there!
Pistachio Bundt Cake: Taste Test
- Buttery and supremely moist
- Light and fluffy with a tight crumb
- Flavored with pistachios, vanilla and almond flavors
- No ARTIFICIAL pistachio pudding!
- Topped with a green, vanilla and white chocolate flavored candy melts topping
That topping is so easy to do, pretty to look at and your cake tastes like pistachios and white chocolate cake! Win-Win-Win!!
- 1 Cup + 2.5 Tbsps (125 Gms) Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp (43 gms) Butter (unsalted, room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Oil (I use avocado)
- 3/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 Cup (98 gms) Shelled and ground Pistachios (unsalted)
- 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 1/3 Cup Milk (Room temperature)
- Few drops of green food coloring (optional)
For the topping:
- 1/2 Cup Green Candy Melts
- Handful of Shelled pistachios
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease/spray a 6 inches bundt pan.2. Ground the Pistachios: Ground your shelled pistachios in a food processor or a hand blender into fine crumbs. Look at the picture above in this post for reference.3. Sift cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.4. Using a hand held mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes. Add in oil and beat well. Now add egg and beat again to combine.5. Now beat in yogurt, almond and vanilla extracts. Add the grounded pistachios in. Add half of the dry ingredients into wet and fold in. Add your milk, green food coloring (if adding) and the rest of dry ingredients, fold just until combined.
6. Pour cake batter in the prepared tin. Bake for 24-27 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.7. Allow to cool down before unmolding.8. Make the topping: Melt 1/2 cup of green candy melts in microwave (30 seconds at a time) and stir in between. Allow to cool slightly and drizzle on room temperature cake. Top with more pistachios to serve.
- If you don't like candy melts you may use melted white chocolate for topping.
- Or you can make ganache using white chocolate/white chocolate chips and heavy cream in 1:1 (1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup white chocolate) ratio. Simply melt the chocolate with cream in 30 sec increments in your microwave (stir in between). Cool slightly and drizzle on room temperature cake.