Three ingredients no bake Healthy Date Bars are loaded with anti oxidants, fiber and protein. Perfect snack bars to snack on any time of the day!
This is why you will love these Snack Bars:
- They are naturally sweetened
- Pack a ton of nuts
- These are no bake bars and a fuss free recipe
- Contain loads of minerals from dates
- Perfect as a grab and go snack
Healthy Date Bars ingredients:
- Pitted Dates
- Mixed Nuts
- A tablespoon of ghee/clarified butter/coconut oil
As dates are very sweet to taste, these bars require no extra sugar at all. And the stickiness in them helps to bind nuts with ease!
This is such an easy breakfast bar recipe to put together. Keep them refrigerated as they taste so good right out of fridge. Grab one in the morning and out the door you go!
Are dates a healthy snack food?
Undoubtedly! This humble sweetener and a great snack on their own contains a lot of minerals like potassium, magnesium etc. Also they are fibrous!
What flavors go well with dates?
- Dates pair well with any kinds of nuts and seeds
- Spices like ginger, cinnamon and cardamom taste so good with dates
- Sweeten your fruity smoothies with dates
- 1 Cup Mejdool Dates (grounded)
- 3/4 Cup Mixed Nuts (Chopped, I used walnuts, cashews, almonds and pistachios)
- 1 Tbsp Clarified butter/ Butter/ Coconut Oil
- Lightly roast all the chopped nuts for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add grounded dates in the pan and add in a tablespoon of clarified butter.
- Stir and mix dates with nuts for another 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Invert the mixture in a parchment or foil lined mini square/rectangle pan. Press using a spatula or spoon to set the mixture covering whole pan. Garnish with a few chunks of nuts (optional).
- Cover the pan and allow to set in the refrigerator for 2 hours minimum. QUICK TIP: To speed up this process freeze the bars for 30 minutes.
- Cut using a sharp knife. Left overs can be saved at room temp. or in the refrigerator (Covered at all times).