Soft, buttery moist and fluffy Banana Muffins dunked in melted butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar for something extra! Ready in under 30 Minutes tops!
Or try my whole wheat Banana Muffins next! Find all my Easy Breakfast Recipes here.
There is no better way to use over ripe bananas and pre-prepping breakfast at the same time, Is there?
Also not only donuts deserve all the buttery cinnamon sugar dunk, its muffins turn today! 😉
Muffins: Taste & Texture
- Moist, fluffy and oh-so-buttery muffins base
- Deliciously dunked in melted butter and cinnamon sugar
- Overflowing with cinnamon and banana flavors in every bite
Recipe Ingredients and process:
You only need a few simple ingredients to bring these Banana Muffins together. I am sure you have all of them in your pantry right now!
- All Purpose Flour
- Leaveners: Baking powder+Baking soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sugar, Salt and Vanilla
- One Egg, ripe banana, and some oil
- Begin by mashing a banana in bowl. Add oil, egg, sugar, vanilla and give them all a good mix.
- Sift flour, salt, leaveners and cinnamon over wet ingredients.
- Fold it till just combined. Pour in liners and bake!
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
I melted 2 Tbsps of butter and mixed 2 tbsp sugar with 1 tsp Cinnamon. If you find your muffins to be soaking a lot of butter, you may also coat butter on muffins with a pastry brush.
This will save muffins from soaking up way too much butter. Which isn't so bad though (The more butter, the better ;D)
Can you use frozen bananas for baking?
Yes, of course. If you have ripe bananas on hand that you don't wish to bake/use right now. Freeze them in a ziploc.
How do you defrost bananas for baking?
Allow the bananas to thaw in the fridge overnight. Or for a few hours on the counter top. If you notice bananas are releasing extra moisture, get rid of it using a paper towel.
how to make moist muffins?
- Follow this simple rule, everything room temperature. This will allow muffins ingredients to mix better, creating soft and moist muffins.
- Don't over mix the batter. It will bake hard and tough muffins.
- Do not over bake them. Every oven is different. So keep a close eye on them and rely on tooth pick test.
Recipes to use leftover bananas:
If you liked these Banana Muffins give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- Muffin Tray
- ½ cup + ⅓ cup (104 g) All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (100 gms) 1 small Mashed Banana (Room Temperature)
- 1 large Egg (Room Temperature)
- ¼ cup Oil
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted, unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a muffin pan with 5 paper liners. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash a banana. Add oil, egg, vanilla and sugar in and give them all a good whisk.
- Sift all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon) in another bowl.
- Now mix dry ingredients into wet and stir in only until the flour disappears. Pour batter in liners and bake for 17-20 minutes or until they pass toothpick test.
- Allow to cool on a wire stand.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Mix sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Dunk muffins tops in butter and then coat evenly in cinnamon sugar.
- You may store muffins at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 3 days. In fridge for up to 5 days.
- Also they are freezer friendly and store well for up to 2 months. Thaw on counter top or overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
No bananas go waste anymore in our house after stumbling upon this recipe.. Kids love it.. thank you for sharing
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
These muffins look so fluffy! I must give these a try!
GUNJAN C Dudani
banana always tastes excellent in baked goods and this combination of banana and cinnamon in a muffin is simply outstanding. We literally enjoyed these and finished off the same day 🙂
This recipe looks amazing and definitely worth trying! The muffins are super fluffy and the topping of cinnamon sugar gives a better kick in taste. I will definitely try these again.