Neapolitan cookies using cake mix is a recipe that includes three best flavors in one cookie. Strawberry, vanilla and melty chocolate!
When vanilla meets strawberry! These Neapolitan cookies using cake mix is one of my favorite recipes. As these cookies start from cake mix. Unbelievably soft, puffy, oh-so-chewy, simple and easy. Hello convenience!
Have you ever made cookies from cake batter? If not, you are in for an amazing treat. Not only they are easy to make, these also use a very few ingredients. And flavor choices are countless!
Top with sprinkles, or sparkling sugar, dip in chocolate, OMG Nutella (!), coat with nuts. Go crazy. Have fun! They are your cookies.
I dunk mine in chocolate.
And nope, I did not stop there!
Valentines is around the corner. How could I forget hearts where chocolate and strawberries are involved! Tell me I did right.
These Neapolitan cookies are:
- Super soft and tender in the center
- Oh-so-chewy on the edges
- Use strawberry cake mix and vanilla cake mix
- Dipped in melted dark chocolate
- Topped with valentines sprinkles
- Completely irresistible 😉
How to make cake mix cookies
- Measure your cake mixes (strawberry and vanilla separately).
- Dump some vegetable oil, egg and leavener in both the mixes.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Make balls mixing the 2 doughs together
- Bake, dip in chocolate, top with sprinkles and take a big bite!
Told ya, it’s super simple!
Tips to make cake mix cookies thick and puffy
- Roll your cookie dough on taller side and don’t press them in the center
- Quickly chill them in the freezer till these balls are firm to touch
- Don’t over bake them, even when they appear soft in the center. The cookies will firm up as they cool down.
I love tips from weetandsavorymeals to make thick cake mix cookies!
There’s truly nothing better than sinking your teeth into a soft, puffy and tender cookie filled with strawberry and vanilla flavors. Dip them in a pool of melty chocolate and you’ve got some Neapolitan cookies ready in under 40 minutes!
Is this a dream or what!
- 117 gms (1/4 box) Vanilla cake mix
- 117 gms (1/4 box) Strawberry cake mix
- 2 Tbsp Oil (divided)
- 1 Egg (whisked lightly)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (divided)
- 1/2 Cup Melted chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles (optional, but pretty)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper/silicone baking mat and set aside.2. Take two small mixing bowl. Add vanilla mix in one and strawberry cake mix to another. Now add a tablespoon of oil, 1/4 tsp baking powder and half of the egg (2 Tbsp) to each.3. Mix with a wooden spoon to form a dough. It will appear sticky, but will be firm.4. Divide both the doughs into 6 balls. Take a ball of vanilla and a ball of strawberry dough, and roll them together.5. Repeat with the remaining 10 balls.6. You will have 6 cookie balls in the end. Place them on your prelined sheet and stick them in freezer for 10 minutes or until they are firm to touch.7. Bake these for 9-10 minutes. Let them cool for a few minutes on baking tray and cool down on wire stand further. Melt some chocolate and dip the cooled cookies in it.8. Top with sprinkles of choice. Enjoy!