From scratch brownie cupcake recipe that will delight you with its brownie top, fudgy centers, chewy edges and a thick cheese swirl (with my most favorite cheese)!
This post is sponsored by Montchevre but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
It was my birthday yesterday!!! I didn’t know what to bake. Nothing unusual there #dessertbloggerproblems! But I was certain it had to be something involving chocolate, swirls and lots of sprinkles(nothing unusual here either).
And of-course I was baking for myself. Don’t you bake on your birthday?
I’ve loved layered cakes with 13456 buckets of frosting to celebrate ma day! But this time I wanted something even cuter, more intense and in mini form. So baked these little brownies in cupcake pan that hide a deliciously cheesy swirl of Montchevre goat cheese inside. Call it my recent addiction!
This one is a super easy brownie cupcake recipe. Also takes no time to assemble. And when you bite in these buttery brownies, you can’t stop smiling from what you discover on the inside.
Look for yourself!
Brownie cupcake recipe: Texture
- Super super super fudgy (but doesn’t appear too dense)
- Extremely Chewy on the edges
- So chocolatey and buttery
- Also a few pockets of melty chocolate (always more chocolate, always!)
- Thick and pretty cheese swirl to make you
smilesay Ch-e-e-e-e-se! More on that in a minute.
The brownies taste even chewier the next day. And right from the refrigerator? OMG!! This recipe makes 10 good sized cupcake brownies which you can double at ease. So there is plenty to save for the next day. No?
Brownie cupcake recipe: The swirl
Now lets focus on the star of our show. Goat cheese! And not any goat cheese. I used Montchevre goat cheese to swirl my browines. It’s always the quality ingredients that make best desserts. Take it from me!
Montchevre is hands down the perfect cheese for your brownies. Fudgy brownies with a soft and thick goat cheese swirl. A marriage made in heaven!
Also a dozens of flavors to choose from. I went for natural one, but how cool would pumpkin be for fall? Or Cinnamon Cranberry? Oh and blueberry vanilla! I can already taste them all in my cupcake brownies! Locate Montchevre at a store near you! Loaded with calcium, protein, tons of nutrients and vitamins makes me love it even more!
Brownie cupcake recipe: Assembly
Can’t get any easier! We will melt butter and sugar on stove top and heat it a bit. Add beaten eggs, cocoa, salt and baking powder to the mix. Add flour, some chocolate, swirl with cheese in the center and bake!
- Top right is the first layer of our brownie cupcakes.
- Top left one with cheese makes the second.
- Pour more brownie batter
- Now you can create a cheese swirl on the top layer too. Just like this. ↓
Or bake it as is for that beautiful top layer. And top with some sprinkles!
Either way, get ready! Montchevre is about to become your go to goat-cheese for life.
From scratch brownie cupcake recipe that will delight you with its brownie top, fudgy centers, chewy edges and a thick cheese swirl (With my favorite cheese)!
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Dutch cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Room temperature)
- 3/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate chunks/chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles (optional)
- 6 Oz Montchevre goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp All purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line a cupcake pan with 10 cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan melt butter and sugar together on low heat. And heat this mixture (stirring occasionally) until hot but not bubbling. About 4-6 minutes.
3. While the mixture is heating, mix all the ingredients for cheese swirl in a medium bowl, beat well and set aside.
4. Transfer this mixture into a mixing bowl and add cocoa, baking powder, salt, vanilla and eggs. Beat in to combine well.
5. Now add in your flour and chocolate chunks/chips.
6. To layer, add 1 1/2 tbsp tp 2 tbsp brownie batter in all the liners. Distribute the prepared goat cheese in all of them as the second layer.
7. Add the remaining brownie batter in the liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in comes out with a few baked crumbs.
8. Top with sprinkles, let them cool down a bit to enjoy!
- Heating the butter and sugar leads to that beautiful brownie top we all aspire for. So don't skip this step.
- Adding chocolate chips/chunks also helps in forming the top brownie layer.
Adapted from king Arthur flour brownies