From scratch brownie cupcake recipe that will delight you with its brownie top, fudgy centers, chewy edges and a thick cheese swirl (with my most favorite cheese)!
More Festive Birthday Desserts for you!
This post is sponsored by Montchevre but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
It was my birthday yesterday!!! I didn't know what to bake. Nothing unusual there #dessertbloggerproblems! But I was certain it had to be something involving chocolate, swirls and lots of sprinkles(nothing unusual here either).
And of-course I was baking for myself. Don't you bake on your birthday?
I've loved layered cakes with 13456 buckets of frosting to celebrate ma day! But this time I wanted something even cuter, more intense and in mini form. So baked these little brownies in cupcake pan that hide a delicious swirl of cheese inside. Call it my recent addiction!
This one is a super easy brownie cupcake recipe. Also takes no time to assemble. And when you bite in these buttery brownies, you can't stop smiling from what you discover on the inside.
Look for yourself!
Brownie cupcake recipe: Texture
- Super super super fudgy (but doesn't appear too dense)
- Extremely chewy on the edges
- So chocolatey and buttery
- Also a few pockets of melty chocolate (always more chocolate, always!)
- Thick and pretty cheese swirl to make you
smilesay Ch-e-e-e-e-se! More on that in a minute.
The brownies taste even chewier the next day. And right from the refrigerator? OMG!! This recipe makes 10 good sized cupcake brownies which you can double at ease. So there is plenty to save for the next day. No?
Brownie cupcake recipe: The swirl
Now lets focus on the star of our show. Cheese! And not any cheese. I used Montchevre cheese to swirl my brownies. It's always the quality ingredients that make the best desserts. Take it from me!
Also a dozens of flavors to choose from. I went for natural one, but how cool would pumpkin be for fall? Or Cinnamon Cranberry? Oh and blueberry vanilla! I can already taste them all in my cupcake brownies!
One unexpected ingredient that will take our brownies from boring to eat that last crumb good! I am telling ya that swirl is
to die worth living for!
Brownie cupcake recipe: Assembly
Can't get any easier! We will melt butter and sugar on stove top and heat it a bit. Add beaten eggs, cocoa, salt and baking powder to the mix. Add flour, some chocolate, swirl with cheese in the center and bake!
- Top right is the first layer of our brownie cupcakes.
- Top left one with cheese makes the second.
- Pour more brownie batter
- Now you can create a cheese swirl on the top layer too. Just like this. ↓
Or bake it as is for that beautiful top layer. And top with some sprinkles!
Either way, get ready! Montchevre is about to become your go to goat-cheese for life.
brownie cupcake recipe with cheese swirl
- ½ Stick Butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Dutch cocoa
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Room temperature)
- ¾ Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate chunks/chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup Sprinkles (optional)
Goat Cheese Swirl
- 6 Oz Montchevre goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tbsp All purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line a cupcake pan with 10 cupcake liners. Set aside.2. In a medium sauce pan melt butter and sugar together on low heat. And heat this mixture (stirring occasionally) until hot but not bubbling. You can also do this in microwave, to speed up the process.3. While the mixture is heating, mix all the ingredients for cheese swirl in a medium bowl, beat well and set aside.4. Transfer this mixture into a mixing bowl and add cocoa, baking powder, salt, vanilla and eggs. Beat in to combine well.5. Now add in your flour and chocolate chunks/chips. 6. To layer, add 1 ½ tbsp to 2 tbsp brownie batter in all the liners. Distribute the prepared cheese in all of them as the second layer.7. Add the remaining brownie batter in the liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in comes out with a few baked crumbs.8. Top with sprinkles, let them cool down a bit to enjoy!
- Heating the butter and sugar leads to that beautiful brownie top we all aspire for. So don't skip this step.
- Adding chocolate chips/chunks also helps in forming the top brownie layer.
Adapted from king Arthur flour brownies
Cute girl!! These look fabulous and very creative!! I love sweets and this is a unique recipe. I love the combination of the cheese swirl, yum!!
Jill | sugarspicelifeblog
Happy belated birthday! These look scrumptious!! What a great idea to have a secret layer of goat cheese swirl in there!!
Neha - these are brilliant! I love the idea of chèvre with chocolate. And, like you, I do bake on my birthday, because,, you know,, that way, I get the cake I want! Right? But these look shockingly simple and wonderfully satisfying! Thanks for the recipe!
Absolutely right Laura! Simple and super satisfying these brownies are.
oh, these look fun! I love goat cheese in sweet and savory preparations.
So do I Mimi! Thank you.
Leanne | Crumb Top Baking
Happy belated birthday Neha! I also bake my own treats for my birthday! These look super fudgy and delicious. Great way to celebrate your day!
Thanks Leanne! Nothing like treating ourselves on our own birthdays! 😉
Such a festive treat! The more sprinkles the better! 😉
Thanks Annie! Always more sprinkles!!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
Brownie meets cheesecake....there is absolutely no going wrong here! Plus, the sprinkles just takes it over the top with the fun factor 😉 YUM!
It is the best combo on this entire earth Dawn! Thanks! <3
LOL ! I have my birthday within few days too 🙂 Thank you for these beauties 🙂
I also bake my on stuff on my birthday, or any occasion really. This looks like a great Birthday Treat! Happy Belated Birthday
They sure are. Thanks Patrick!!
They look sinfully decadent and so tempting! The sprinkles are such a nice touch.
Glad you like these Angie!
YUM! These sound so wonderful! Goat Cheese in mini fudgy, decadent brownies for your birthday for a change up than the normal birthday cake sounds pretty awesome! Birthday sprinkles make it birthday official, right?! 🙂 Pinning!!
Thanks Kim! Absolutely. Sprinkles are TM for birthday desserts! 😉