Smores Brownies recipe combines decadent gooey Brownies with toasted s'mores and golden and crispy Graham Crackers! And you don't need to fire up that grill. 😉
Recipe: Taste and Texture
- Fudgy and gooey Brownies
- With crispy golden Graham cracker base
- Hiding lots of chocolate chips
- Roasted sticky marshmallows on top
- Flour: All purpose flour makes the base of these brownies.
- Cocoa Powder: Natural cocoa works best for this recipe to give that intense chocolatey flavor.
- Baking Powder: To give a slight lift to the brownies!
- Oil: Instead of butter this recipe uses oil. Makes it super quick to whip these brownies up!
- Sugar: Granulated sugar, that's grinded into powder is what you will need to assure that signature crinkly layer on top!
- Chocolate Chips: To top on brownies.
- Mini Marshmallows: You can also make use of large marshmallows, but I find mini ones look super cute after roasting!
- Graham Crackers:
How to make Smores Brownies:
- Add eggs and powdered sugar to melted oil and beat it till fluffy and light.
- Next add in vanilla then sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and beat to form a batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham chunks (if using).
- Broil for a min or two!
Can you make smores brownies from box mix?
Sure can. Just follow the instructions to bake brownies on the package and place choc chips, smores and graham chunks on top of pan. Then broil this for 1-2 minutes.
Can I use oil instead of butter in brownies?
Yes of course you can. This is the perfect and easy recipe of brownies with oil. You aren't required to melt butter or chocolate for this recipe. Still, this recipe produces thick chewy and crinkly brownies every time!
Oh and you won't even miss butter here with all that rich chocolate flavor, graham crackers and smores in the recipe.
More Chocolate Desserts for you!
If you liked this recipe, give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
- Hand mixer
- Square baking pan
- ½ (62 g) Cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ Cup Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Oil
- 1 (200 g) Cup Sugar (Ground to fine powder)
- 2 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 4 full Graham Crackers sheets (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line a 8x8 inches square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving over hangs for easy removal. Line the bottom of pan with graham cracker sheets, saving a few for topping. Set it aside.
- Take oil, eggs and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and beat it with a hand beater till light and fluffy, this should take about 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla next. Then sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder over wet ingredients and beat till the flour disappears into the batter.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with a few crumbs.
- Take the pan out of oven and top the brownies with chocolate chips, marshmallows and crushed graham crackers. Return to the oven and broil, under the broiling element until the marshmallows turn golden.
- Broiling should take between 1-3 minutes depending on the heat of your oven.
- Allow the brownies to cool and set before cutting.
- Keep a close eye while broiling the marshmallows. They can catch fire and start to burn in the oven.
- Make sure to line your pan with parchment paper. It helps to take brownies out with ease.
- Measure flour and cocoa properly either using a kitchen scale or fluff and sweep method.