Soft and perfectly spiced Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are literally the easiest bars that I have ever made! They just scream fall. These bars are made in One Bowl and are ready in under 30 minutes.
Find all my Fall and Thanksgiving Recipes at one place!
Bars: Taste & Texture
- Oh so Moist and soft
- Sturdy and not cake like
- Perfectly spiced with a blend of cozy spices
- Topped with fluffy, sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting
Pumpkin Puree: I like to use Libby's canned Pumpkin. This recipe is baked in 9x9 square baking pan and uses half of the can. You can double this recipe at ease to use one can of pumpkin.
Sugar: We will use a combination of granulated and brown sugar to make these bars soft and moist.
Oil: Any flavorless oil works here. You may even replace half of oil with applesauce to make them a bit healthier.
Eggs: 2 Eggs will provide structure and some lift to these bars.
Spices: Using both cinnamon and pumpkin spice gives them an unbeatable spice flavor.
How to make Pumpkin Bars:
This is a super easy recipe made using just one bowl and a few simple ingredients. All you will do is:
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Add and fold dry ingredients to form the batter
- Pour it in a lined pan
- Bake and cool
- Slather with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Top with some festive sprinkles
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Do pumpkin bars need to be refrigerated?
Pumpkin Bars should be refrigerated if not used in a few hours. That way the frosting will stay firm and flavorsome. You can store these bars in refrigerator for up to a week.
Can you freeze Pumpkin Bars:
Absolutely. Pumpkin bars can be frozen for 2 months, covered in an air tight freezer friendly container. Thaw in refrigerator before enjoying!
What can you make with pumpkin?
Here are a few easy desserts to make with pumpkin. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, a healthier version of pumpkin muffins, Pumpkin Cookies, Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin Cupcakes, Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Pumpkin Pancakes oh and also Pumpkin Bread!
What can I do with extra pumpkin puree?
How do you store leftover pumpkin puree?
Take out the puree in a glass or plastic container and store it in fridge for about 7 days. You can also store and freeze the puree in ziploc bags for up to 3 months.
More Fall Desserts:
If you liked these Bars give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8x8" or 9x9" square pan
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Large Eggs (at room temp.)
- ½ Cup Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¼ Cup Butter (softened to room temp)
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese Frosting (softened to room temp)
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Sprinkles (optional)
- Pumpkin Toppers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a 9x9 inches pan with parchment paper. Keep enough overhang on the sides to easily lift the bars out.
- Add vanilla extract, eggs, oil and pumpkin puree and both sugars to a mixing bowl and whisk till combined.
- Next sift all dry ingredients- flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices over wet ingredients and fold until the flour disappears in to the batter.
- Pour batter in the pre lined pan and bake for about 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bars comes out clean.
- Cool Completely in the pan before frosting.
To make the Frosting:
- Beat room temp butter and cream cheese frosting till they get light and creamy. Add vanilla and sugar, beat on low for about 30 seconds. Turn the speed on high and continue to beat until the frosting turns light and fluffy.
- Top on cooled bars and top with sprinkles and toppers (if using). Cut in to squares and serve or store in refrigerator until ready to serve!
- Pumpkin Bars should be refrigerated if not used in a few hours. That way the frosting will stay firm and flavorsome. You can store these bars in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Pumpkin bars can be frozen for 2 months, covered in an air tight freezer friendly container. Thaw in refrigerator before enjoying!