Easy Homemade Brownies that are super fudgy, thick and decadent. Their gooey texture, perfect crinkly top and chewy edges will make you reach for more every time. These truly beat those box mixes and other brownie recipes that melt butter and chocolate together. No kidding! These are made in one bowl and you don't need a double boiler to make them.
Taste and Texture:
- So chocolaty and thick
- Gooey in the middle and chewy on edges
- Shiny crinkly top
- Filled with melty chocolate chips
- Sugar: Confectioners' sugar helps to achieve that shiny crust on top.
- Cocoa: I used Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa powder, special dark can be used too.
- Flour: All purpose flour is the base of this brownie recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: Use best quality chocolate chips for good taste. I like to use bittersweet ones, you can also go with semi-sweet if you like.
- Oil: Oil as opposed to butter creates super chewy brownies. I promise you won't miss butter in this recipe!
- Eggs: Egg helps binding the brownies, without adding them in the batter, your brownies can bake crumbly. Make sure to use egg at room temperature. You will require two of them.
How do you make easy brownies?
Making them is as easy as making some brownies from a box mix. You simply have to mix ingredients, pour in pan and bake. Lets see what we are doing here-
- Mix and beat well oil and confectioner's sugar, till it is very well combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then add water and vanilla,
- Next sift in dry ingredients over wet, fold lightly and add chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in a lined square pan and bake at 325 deg F until the edges are set and a tooth pick inserted in center comes out with only a few crumbs.
What is the secret to chewy brownies?
Adding oil as opposed to butter in the batter produces chewier brownies that stay chewy for days. Try it and thank me later! With all the cocoa, chocolate chips and vanilla present in this batter, you won't even miss butter in the baked brownies.
Do brownies need eggs?
Short answer would be yes! I f you want to bake brownies that don't crumble and have shiny crispy tops, do add eggs to your brownies!
Should I refrigerate brownies?
Brownies do not need to be refrigerated. They will store well at room temperature covered tightly for a few days. You can also freeze brownies for around 2 months.
More Easy Desserts you will love:
If you liked this recipe give it a star review. Also tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don't forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog
Easy Homemade Brownies
- 8x8 inch square baking pan
- ½ Cup Oil (vegetable/canola)
- 2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- ¾ Cup All purpose flour
- ⅔ Cup Natural Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup Chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup Dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and oil till it gets light and is very well combined using a hand mixer. About 2 minutes. (If you don't have a hand mixer, you can do this with a spatula. Just take your time to mix them together well.) Add in eggs next, one at a time and beat well after each addition. Then mix in water, and vanilla.
- Now sift dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and salt.) over wet and fold them in to form brownie batter.
- Pour batter in pre lined pan and top with chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. You can also press in the toppings right after brownies are baked.
- Bake the brownies for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Allow them to Cool completely before slicing.
- You can store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- I don't suggest refrigerating brownies as it will dry them out. If you want to store them for a longer period of time, freeze them. These freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on counter top before enjoying.