Thick and chewy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars made with wholesome ingredients. No oil, no butter, no refined sugar and these are gluten free too!
Try my Healthier Strawberry Cookie Cups next!
Taste and Texture:
- Soft and chewy base
- Filled with juicy Strawberry filling
- Melty Choc chips in every bite
- Flavored with Vanilla, Wild flower honey and Cinnamon flavors
- Oats: Quick Oats are ideal for this recipe. If you have old fashioned oats on hand, pulse them in blender till a coarse texture is achieved.
- Honey: I used wild flower honey for its floral scent. I suggest adding an extra tsp of vanilla if using regular honey.
- Apple Butter: Apple butter makes bars super chewy. If unavailable at your end, replace it with apple sauce.
How to make Healthy Oats Bars:
For Strawberry Filling:
Mix fresh strawberry chunks, honey, cornstarch + water and lemon juice in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it in 30 seconds increments till it thickens slightly.
To make Oats Bars Base:
- Mix and dumb all the base ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Reserve around ¾ cup of this mixture for topping and layer the rest in a square baking pan.
- Add and spread room temp strawberry filling over the first layer.
- Crumble the remaining oats mixture, top with chocolate chips and bake!
What can I do with too many strawberries?
Add them in this smoothie Bowl
or this Fluffy Strawberry Cake
How about my Lemonade Strawberry Punch
and in these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you liked these Healthy Strawberry Bars give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 8x8 inches Square Pan
- 205 gms 2 ¼ Cups Quick Oats
- 1 Cup Nut Butter (Both PB and Almond butters are fine)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Honey (Wild flower gives best flavor)
- ¼ Cup Apple Butter (or any other fruit butter, even apple sauce works)
- 1 large Egg
- ½ Cup semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries (diced)
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Cold Water
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Honey (I used Wild flower)
- Add and stir all the filling ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave them in 30 seconds increments. Stir in between. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- When the filling gets slightly thick. it is ready. Let the filling come to room temperature, while you prepare the base of bars.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C) and 8x8 square baking pan with aluminium foil or parchment paper with enough overhangs on the sides. This step will aid easy removal of bars.
- In a medium/large bowl combine oats, cinnamon, nut butter, apple butter, vanilla, honey and egg. Stir till everything is mixed well.
- Reserve ¾ Cup of the prepared mixture to crumble for top layer.
- Press the oats mixture in prepared baking pan (saving ¾ cup for topping).
- Next add and spread room temp strawberry filling over oats mixture.
- Crumble remaining oats mixture and chocolate chips over strawberry filling. Press the topping lightly into the filling so it all sticks together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The topping will appear slightly brown at this point.
- Allow to cool down before cutting. You can also stick them into refrigerator for 15-20 minutes if you want them to cool down faster!
- Bars stay fresh at room temp for 2 days and up to 5 days in refrigerator.
- These Strawberry Bars are freezer friendly. Store them in the freezer for up tp 2 months. Thaw before enjoying.
- Quick Oats are ideal for this recipe. If you have old fashioned oats on hand, pulse them in blender till a coarse texture is achieved.
- Any other fruit butter can also be used here. Even apple sauce works well.