Easy healthy banana bread recipe dotted with nuts and raisins, naturally sweetened, zero butter and is perfect balance of moist and fluffy!
Or try my healthy banana muffins Recipe next.
How do you like your banana bread? Dotted with nuts? Choc chips? flavored with cinnamon?
You can bake this easy banana bread just the way you like. It is highly customizable and is such a fluffy, tender and made with ''good for you ingredients'' bread!
Is homemade banana bread healthy?
I'd say so, yes. You see processed sugar, flours and butter are replaced with honey, whole grains and good fat. And extra points if you dot your healthy banana bread with nuts and raisins.
Ingredients and variations
- White whole wheat pastry flour: You may use white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour instead. It yields a nuttier and hearty bake.
- Honey: To sweeten the bread. Any natural sweetener like maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar, brown sugar all work in a pinch.
- Oil: I prefer coconut oil. Olive oil, vegetable oil and even apple sauce can be substituted here.
- Banana: For flavor and fluffy bake. Use over ripened ones! Check out ways to ripen those bananas quickly.
- Milk: Full fat, low fat, no fat all work well in this recipe. Almond, soy or coconut milks may be substituted at ease. Water works too.
- Egg and leaveners: For lift and texture.
- Add ins, salt and vanilla: Choc chips, peanut butter swirl,crannies, pecans or a dash of cinnamon. Add what you love the most!
Troubleshooting guide for a perfect BANANA Bread:
Why is my banana bread dry?
- Bread was over baked
- Not enough fat, added less banana
why is my banana bread dense?
- You might have over mixed the batter
- Added a little too much flour
How to make banana bread moist and fluffy?
- Measure leaveners correctly and make sure they are not stale
- Do not over mix the batter
Try this Easy Healthy Banana Bread recipe and let me know in comments how you like it!
Easy Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 ¾ Cup White whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana
- ¾ Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp Butter extract (optional)
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Walnuts+raisins
- Preheat your oven at 350 deg. F (177 C). Line a 9x5 inch bread tin with parchment paper. Set aside. Also, coat your nuts in some flour.
- In a large mixing bowl bowl mix mashed banana, honey, brown sugar (if adding), eggs(slightly beaten), coconut oil, vanilla extract and butter extract, Mix it all well.
- Sift wheat flour, baking soda and salt together over wet ingredient and fold lightly. Add milk and mix well. Take extra care while folding the batter, don't over mix. This can result into hard and rubbery bread. Fold in the nuts. Pour batter in the prepared tin.
- Bake Banana Bread for 45-50 minutes. It should springs back when touched in the center. Also a toothpick inserted in the middle of bread will come out clean.
- Cool for about 10-15 minutes in the tin and then transfer on a wire rack to complete cooling. Slice and enjoy!
What a tasty treat! I am looking forward to baking this over the weekend! Yum!
Sarah | Wandercooks
Love banana bread, and love the addition of walnuts for that extra crunch! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂
My favorite way to start a day! Add a glass of milk to it, and you've got the perfect day! 🙂 Love the zero butter feature - I've got to try it!
This looks so easy and I have lots of frozen bananas so yay!
Banana bread is one of my favorite things to make with my kids. We have never tried it with raisins before, so I'm excited to try this variety.
Banana bread is one of my favorites! Thanks for such an easy recipe!
Oh my! I love banana bread, and I love how simple and delicious this one looks!
This bread is so moist and flavorful! Thank you!!
Love love banana bread. This healthy version makes it more yum.
I love banana bread, but this recipe was next level! It had the perfect flavor and texture. So good!
Sounds tasty, and like the ideas of a healthier take on banana bread.
Cindy @ A Uniquely Edible Magic
One of the few recipes using olive oil to make banana bread! Will have to try this soon!
Banana bread is one of my favorite classic recipes but I am LOVING the healthy spin to this recipe! Just perfect!
I love banana bread! Looks so moist and delicious with a cup of coffee ♥
This sound healthy and delicious and I would love to grab a slice with my cup of tea.
This is a delicious recipe that will be made on repeat, for sure! Lovely flavours, and so simple!
Thanks also for including the tips on how to get it just right!