Easy healthy banana bread recipe dotted with nuts and raisins, naturally sweetened, zero butter and is perfect balance of moist and fluffy!
Or try my healthy banana muffins Recipe next.
How do you like your banana bread? Dotted with nuts? Choc chips? flavored with cinnamon?
You can bake this easy banana bread just the way you like. It is highly customizable and is such a fluffy, tender and made with ''good for you ingredients'' bread!
Is homemade banana bread healthy?
I'd say so, yes. You see processed sugar, flours and butter are replaced with honey, whole grains and good fat. And extra points if you dot your healthy banana bread with nuts and raisins.
Ingredients and variations
- White whole wheat pastry flour: You may use white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour instead. It yields a nuttier and hearty bake.
- Honey: To sweeten the bread. Any natural sweetener like maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar, brown sugar all work in a pinch.
- Oil: I prefer coconut oil. Olive oil, vegetable oil and even apple sauce can be substituted here.
- Banana: For flavor and fluffy bake. Use over ripened ones! Check out ways to ripen those bananas quickly.
- Milk: Full fat, low fat, no fat all work well in this recipe. Almond, soy or coconut milks may be substituted at ease. Water works too.
- Egg and leaveners: For lift and texture.
- Add ins, salt and vanilla: Choc chips, peanut butter swirl,crannies, pecans or a dash of cinnamon. Add what you love the most!
Troubleshooting guide for a perfect BANANA Bread:
Why is my banana bread dry?
- Bread was over baked
- Not enough fat, added less banana
why is my banana bread dense?
- You might have over mixed the batter
- Added a little too much flour
How to make banana bread moist and fluffy?
- Measure leaveners correctly and make sure they are not stale
- Do not over mix the batter
Try this Easy Healthy Banana Bread recipe and let me know in comments how you like it!
Easy Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 ¾ Cup White whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana
- ¾ Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp Butter extract (optional)
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Walnuts+raisins
- Preheat your oven at 350 deg. F (177 C). Line a 9x5 inch bread tin with parchment paper. Set aside. Also, coat your nuts in some flour.
- In a large mixing bowl bowl mix mashed banana, honey, brown sugar (if adding), eggs(slightly beaten), coconut oil, vanilla extract and butter extract, Mix it all well.
- Sift wheat flour, baking soda and salt together over wet ingredient and fold lightly. Add milk and mix well. Take extra care while folding the batter, don't over mix. This can result into hard and rubbery bread. Fold in the nuts. Pour batter in the prepared tin.
- Bake Banana Bread for 45-50 minutes. It should springs back when touched in the center. Also a toothpick inserted in the middle of bread will come out clean.
- Cool for about 10-15 minutes in the tin and then transfer on a wire rack to complete cooling. Slice and enjoy!