Bursting with blueberries, speckled with banana this one bowl banana blueberry muffin recipe with crumb topping makes for a perfect breakfast treat!
Try these readers’ favorite Lemon blueberry muffins next!
I go banana for bananas! No kidding. I have half a banana first thing in the morning. If I miss that, I am sure to blend it in my smoothie around 10 am.
I adore it in my after workout smoothie. And I lovvvve adding them to my muffins! Throw in some fresh blueberries and you have my heart.♥ Sorry Pranay!
How to make banana blueberry muffin recipe
You only need one bowl, fresh blueberries, spotted banana and the usual baking suspects! So easy to put together. And such a perfect summer breakfast idea for busy mornings.
- We will begin by quickly creaming butter and sugar
- Add a banana, mash it in the bowl
- Sift dry ingredients over wet
- Fold in washed and dried blueberries
- Pour batter in muffin tray
- Top with buttery crumble topping
- And bake!
Don’t forget to enjoy one straight out of the oven!
Banana blueberry muffins with crumb topping
Now as you have noticed in the pictures that I have made banana muffins with two kinds of crumb toppings.
- Went to town to top muffins with buttery and slightly crispy streusel.
- If you aren’t a fan of a ton of crumb (who are you!) you can reduce it to half or one third. Like I did here. ↓
Tastes so good both ways! I mean look at them.
Taste and texture of banana blueberry muffins
These muffins taste less like a muffin and more like a cupcake! No seriously! So fruity, soft, moist and fluffy inside. Paired with a buttery-crispy crumb and fresh blueberries in every bite.
Follow me on Instagram and don’t forget to tag me in all the Greedy Eats recipes that you bake! xoxo
You will love these muffins recipes from Greedyeats.com
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2/3 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Banana (over-ripened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh/frozen blueberries (washed and dried)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (For sprinkling)
For Crumb Topping
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter (melted)
- 3/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 deg F. And line 12 liners in muffin tray and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar together until creamed and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add ripen bananas and mash with a fork. Now add your room temperature egg and vanilla, Beat it all in.
- Next, sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda and salt) over wet. Fold them in with a spatula. Also fold in the blueberries. Do not thaw if using frozen berries!
- Pour in the prepared liners, top with crumb topping, sugar and bake for 23-25 minutes. Or until they pass toothpick test. Enjoy warm!
For the Crumb Topping
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together and add melted butter. Mix all the ingredients well with a fork and crumble.