Clean eating goals got a lot more yummier with these healthy Banana Oatmeal Blender Muffins. Easiest to make, gluten free, ready in 30 minutes tops oh-so-tender and big on flavor!
Our Muffins today are no different. Naturally sweetened, flourless, no oil, zero refined sugar. But you'd never guess it, I bet!
Lets find out what hides in them.
- Zucchini: Makes blender muffins so moist. So I went for it for this flourless muffin recipe. I do have healthy banana muffins on blog with no zucchini. And you can't taste vegetable in these muffins (just in case you are wondering).
- Oats: Powdered to make oats flour. Use certified gluten free oats if gluten sensitive.
- Honey: To sweeten the muffins.
- Almond Butter: Adds a ton of goodness to them. Also eliminates the need to add extra fat.
- Ripen Banana: For lift, flavor and moisture.
- Egg: For binding and structure.
- Flax seeds: For added goodness.
- Chocolate Chips: Do you really need a reason?
How to make Muffins in a blender?
Before we get into the process, let me tell you these are the simplest muffins ever. And yield a tender, fluffy and moist bake! I also love flourless blender muffin ideas from Cream de la crumb.
- All you need to do is blend all your ingredients using a high speed/regular blender. Pour the batter into liners and bake. Yep it is that easy!
- But if you don't have ground oats flour on hand. You can blend dry ingredients first and add wet ones to it then.
What if I don't want to use a blender at all?
- No problem. Simply sift your dry ingredients together.
- Then stir in your wet ones, grated zucchini and you are all set.
These muffins have a tendency to stick to the liners. Remember no oil? 😉 I recommend using parchment paper liners or greasing your muffin pan well.
Or you can spray regular liners too, does the job!
Are you ready to bake this guilt free snack that tastes like a moist banana-zucchini cake? It's exactly like having your healthy bowl of oats in muffin form!
More Healthy Breakfasts for you:
If you liked this recipe, give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Blender Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- ¾ Cup (60 gms) Old Fashioned Oats (Ground to fine flour)
- 1 tablespoon Flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 Large Egg (Room temperature)
- 3 tablespoon (47 gms) Almond Butter (natural one works)
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 medium (100 gms) Banana (ripened)
- ½ Cup (57 gms) Zucchini (Shredded, Excess liquid drained)
- ¼ Cup Chocolate chips (I used dark)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners. Or grease the cavities with some oil. Alternatively you can coat regular liners with cooking spray.
- Add oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flax seeds and cinnamon powder in your blender and pulse till you get a fine flour.
- Now add all the wet ingredients except for shredded zucchini and blend until a smooth batter forms. Scrape sides if necessary.
- Fold in zucchini (removed of excess liquids) and pour batter in the pre-prepared muffin
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin and place on a wire rack to cool down further. Enjoy!