These cupcakes are mega buttery yet so light and can be made with just 15 mins of prep time. Topped with flavorful strawberry buttercream, this is the best strawberry cupcake recipe around!
Try my Strawberry Bread next! Find all my Cupcake Recipes here.
Imagine a light and buttery vanilla cupcake filled with chunks of fresh strawberries. A cupcake topped with dreamy pink buttercream, infused with real strawberry flavors. Minus the artificial extracts and store bought cake mixes, you're welcome!
All the fresh fruity-pinky goodness you ever desire in a homemade strawberry cupcake!
What makes it the best Cupcake Recipe:
- If you are looking for strawberry cupcakes without jello that are baked from scratch this is it!
- They bake so soft and moist, but aren't soggy. To prevent sogginess we will wash and dry strawberries before putting them in the batter.
- It is super tough to create a fruity buttercream, that isn't runny! By using freeze dried strawberries in the frosting we insure concentrated berry flavor and a creamy but firm strawberry buttercream.
- You don't need to stand for 30 minutes near the stove top reducing pureed strawberries. Nope, you don't need them for this recipe!
Quick tips for perfect cupcakes:
Now it can't get any easier if you follow simple cupcake baking rules.
- Everything room temperature
- Use fresh leaveners
- Don't skimp on creaming butter and egg white whipping time
- Add small chunks of strawberries in the cake batter as opposed to large ones
- Let cupcakes cool down completely before frosting
Believe me it is small things that make a huge difference in baking. Follow the instructions to the T. And the Best Strawberry cupcake Recipe from scratch is sure to delight you!
So let us dive right into the process:
- Cream your room temperature butter and sugar
- Whip room temperature egg whites to soft peaks
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and some strawberry puree to the batter
- Sift and add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) to wet
- Fold in egg whites and fresh strawberry chunks
- Bake and cool the strawberry cupcakes down
How to make strawberry buttercream
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add Vanilla and freeze dried strawberries.
- Now add heavy cream to adjust the consistency
- You can add a drop of red/pink food coloring at this point (if desired)
- Give your frosting a final quick whip
- Frost as desired.
I can't wait for you to try these cupcakes. They even taste pink!!! 😀
More Strawberry Desserts:
- Ultimate Strawberry Chocolate Cake Pops
- Easy and pretty Neapolitan Cookies
- Strawberry choc-chip Muffins
- Readers' favorite Strawberry swirled Bundt Cake
- This no bake Strawberry Oreo Icebox Cake
If you liked these Cupcakes give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Seeing your creations make my day! Are we friends yet? Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook! ♥
Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
- 6 Strawberries (medium, washed and dried)
- 1 large Egg + 1 Egg white (yolk and whites separated)
- 1 and ½ Cups (170 gms) Cake Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup (8 Tbsp) Butter (room temp.)
- 1 Cup (200 gms) Granulated sugar
- ⅔ Cup Whole Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Freeze dried strawberries
- ⅔ Cup Butter (Softened to room temperature)
- 2 ⅔ Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch Salt
- 1 Drop Red/pink food coloring (optional)
- 10 Fresh Strawberries (to decorate on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line 10 liners in a muffin tin, set it aside.
- Mash 3 strawberries into a chunky puree using a fork or blender. Chop the remaining berries into small chunks.
- With a hand held or stand mixer beat egg whites to soft peaks, set it aside too.
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. About 3-4 minutes. Add yolk, milk and vanilla to the batter. Mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt over the wet ingredients and fold in to combine.
- Fold in strawberry puree and chunks. Now add egg whites in the batter and fold them. The batter will look creamy.
- Pour in the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then cool on a wire stand completely.
For the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- Using a blender, powder the freeze dried strawberries and set it aside.
- Beat room temperature butter for a minute. Add in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Now add strawberry powder, salt, food coloring (if adding) and heavy cream. Beat until thick and creamy.
- Frost as desired. Top with a strawberry on each cupcake.
- You may use a combination of All purpose flour + Cornstarch if you don't have cake flour on hand. (1 ⅓ cups All purpose flour + 2 ½ Tbsp Cornstarch)
- You can use both fresh/frozen strawberries in the cake batter, but I highly recommend using fresh ones.
This looks really mouthwatering! It's looks so delicious. These Strawberry Cupcakes look amazing! Thanks for sharing your information.
These strawberry cupcakes are berry beautiful! Love the strawberry frosting. It looks mouth-wateringly delicious!
I just love these cupcakes! They’re so bright and pretty for the summer, and everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing!
I love that you used freeze dried strawberries for the frosting...we usually use fresh but when they aren't in season around here they can be crazy expensive!!
Oh my, do those cupcakes look amazing! I love that you use freeze-dried strawberries in the frosting to keep it from getting runny. The recipe sounds like a definite keeper!
YES to using freeze-dried strawberries, I feel like the flavour they impart is just a little more potent (also, they don't turn to mush as easily which is definitely a bonus for me!).
OMG these look so gorgeous! My husband is a huge strawberry fan. He will be so pumped when I make these for our anniversary!
Marisa F. Stewart
Your strawberry cupcakes are gorgeous. And I simply love the adorable cupcake holders -- so pretty. The cupcakes would be fantastic for a bridal shower or tea. The topping looks like a whipped dream. YUMMY!
These strawberry cupcakes look and sound fabulous. I love that the color of the frosting comes from freeze-dried strawberries so you get natural color and flavor!
The color of this strawberry frosting is amazingly beautiful! And what a great idea to use freeze dried strawberries in the frosting to get the right consistency!
I love strawberry desserts! These cupcakes look fabulous and are just perfect for the end of strawberry season.
I use freeze dried strawberries in my cakes frequently, but haven't tried them in frosting yet. Can't wait to give them a try - I guess I always thought it would make the frosting a little gritty, but yours looks so perfectly smooth.
These Strawberry Cupcakes look amazing! I never tried adding freeze dried Strawberries, but I'll definitely give this recipe a try!
Lisa | Garlic & Zest
Those freeze dried strawberries are genius! Not only do they give the frosting a distinctive hue, but I can only imagine the flavor they impart.
My children love cupcakes! I'm sure they'd enjoy these!
That frosting looks mouthwatering!! So fresh and delicious!
Oh my! These look so delicious, I could eat them all right now!