Extra creamy and smooth truffles that contain dark chocolate, butter, heavy cream and not much more. That’s why I call this The Best Chocolate Truffle Recipe!
Homemade Truffles are the easiest Holiday Treats ever! Forget buying chocolates this year and gift these Chocolate Truffles to your loved ones instead.
I am 100% certain you’ll agree with me once you learn how fun and quick they are to bring together.
What are Chocolate truffles and TRUFFLE INGREDIENTS
Chocolate Truffles are indulgent chocolate treats made from pure chocolate and heavy cream. Pour in some butter and vanilla extract and you got yourself the most amazing- rich and creamy truffles!
- Chocolate: One 4 oz bar of chocolate. Don’t use chocolate chips here. They are not made to be melted.
- Heavy Cream: Use full fat cream to make truffles. Half and half or other liquids won’t work here.
- Butter: Just 1 tsp of softened butter turns your truffles into best chocolate truffle recipe ever!
- Vanilla Extract: Add a lot of flavor to homemade chocolate truffles.
Best Chocolate Truffle recipe with butter
We are adding just a teaspoon of softened butter to our truffles to make them extra creamy and super smooth. Please don’t skip this little step. Try it once and you’ll never make truffles any other way!
Making Chocolate truffles from scratch:
- Finely chop some chocolate.
- Pour warm cream over chopped chocolate.
- Stir, cover and refrigerate until it is set.
- Scoop and roll the truffles.
- Coat in your favorite sprinkles, colored sugar, chopped nuts or cocoa powder.
Best chocolate truffle recipe success Guide
- To melt the chocolate easily: Chop the chocolate finely. Fine chocolate chunks are super easy to melt.
- Warm the cream in microwave: To make truffles quickly you can microwave the cram till warm. If you decide to do it on a stove top, don’t let it to come to a boil.
- Allow to cool the chocolate ganache completely: Keep the ganache is a shallow dish. That way it will thicken quickly.
- If the truffle mixture is sticky: Coat your hands in cocoa powder before rolling the truffles.
How long do homemade chocolate truffles last?
You can store Homemade Chocolate Truffles up to a week at room temperature. I’d recommend to store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Should you refrigerate chocolate truffles?
We use cream to make homemade truffles and cream contains water and dairy. The truffles are sure to spoil if not kept in fridge after a few days.
Can you freeze chocolate truffles?
Yes, you can! Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or on counter top for a few hours before serving.
More Christmas Desserts you will love:
Best Homemade Truffle Recipe
- 1 4 0z (113 gms) Chocolate (good quality, very finely chopped)
- 1/3 Cup (80 ml) Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
To Coat Truffles:
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder/ Sprinkles of choice/Colored Sugar/crushed nuts
- Finely chop the chocolate using a serrated knife.
- Melt heavy cream in microwave or on a stove top till it gets warm. Don't bring it to a boil.
- Pour butter and hot cream over chopped chocolate and let it sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and stir until completely melted. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until the ganache thickens. (To quicken this step: you may place your ganache in a shallow dish like a small baking pan).
- Scoop the ganache into 10-12 truffle balls and roll each into toppings.
- Pro Tip: If you find the balls are sticking too much in your hands, coat your hands with cocoa powder before rolling them. Or stick your scooped truffles in freezer for a few minutes before rolling and coating them in topping,