Flavored with robust molasses and warm winter spices, this moist and fluffy Gingerbread Bundt Cake recipe will rule your heart for ages!
Today's Mini Bundt Cakes over flowing with gingerbread flavors is an apt breakfast, a heart warming dessert and an easy snack. Yep, you are looking at a three in one Christmas Treat.
- Bake these like Holiday Muffins and enjoy for breakfast.
- Serve with Caramel ice cream and you are eating a perfect dessert.
- Or Have it along with your evening coffee, winters can't get any better!
Also the batter is super easy to whip up. Let's see what you need to make These Cute Gingerbread Bundt Cakes.
Gingerbread bundt cake ingredients:
We are using standard Pantry ingredients to create this timeless classic. They are:
- Butter: Gives bundt cakes a buttery flavor and the beaten air in the helps the bundt cakes rise.
- Brown Sugar: Lends a ton of moisture and flavor to Gingerbread Cake.
- Egg: One egg for binding and structure.
- Vanilla and salt: Both are must for an incredible flavor. Use quality extract for best results.
- Spices: Ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are my favorite spices to use for Gingerbread. You can also replace nutmeg with all spice or even black pepper in the same amount as nutmeg!
- Water: We will use hot water to make the most moist Gingerbread Cake that you will come across!
- Molasses: I always reach for original, unsulphured and dark molasses variety to make my Gingerbread cookies and cakes. Don't opt for blacktstrap molasses as they are too bitter to taste.
- Baking Soda: To lift our bundt cakes.
- Flour: We are employing all purpose flour as the base of these cakes.
For Icing: Confectioners' sugar and Lemon Juice.
Gingerbread Bundt Cake taste and texture:
These bundt cakes aren't as dense or overly spiced as most recipes around. Instead these are supremely moist yet fluffy, with just the right amount of spice to tickle your taste buds.
How do you make Gingerbread cake?
- Cream butter and sugar together and beat your room temperature egg in.
- Add molasses, hot water, vanilla and mix them in too.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, salt baking soda and spices) over wet and fold to combine.
- The batter will be slightly thin.
- Pour in bundt cake tin/ muffin tray.
- Bake and allow to cool before drizzling the lemon icing.
how to store gingerbread cake
Gingerbread cake's flavor develops 10 folds when stored in the right manner. Always keep the cake covered to retain its moisture and flavor.
You may choose to store gingerbread cake in the fridge as it will last long there, but it tends to dry out faster in the fridge.
I recommend you store it at room temp. if you are planning to use it within a few days.
How long does gingerbread cake keep
Gingerbread cake will keep fresh for a week in the refrigerator and 4-5 days at room temperature. Keep the cake stored in an airtight container.
What's the best molasses for Gingerbread cake
I like Grandma’s Robust Molasses and Grandma’s Unsulphured Molasses to bake Gingerbread cake. Also I prefer dark variety molasses to lighter ones.
How to freeze gingerbread cake
Cover the cake with plastic wrap and keep it in ziploc or an airtight container. Defrost before serving.
How to serve gingerbread cake
There are endless options to serve your Classic Gingerbread Cake.
- With caramel and vanilla ice cream
- Along side whipped cream and melted chocolate drizzle
- With orange/lemon sauce
- Omg with butter rum toffee sauce!
- It is so good just plain, on its own!
More Christmas Desserts you have to try:
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- ¼ Cup (½ stick, 57 gms) Butter (unsalted, room temp)
- 2 ½ Tbsps (33 gms) Brown Sugar (packed, light or dark)
- 1 large Egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tbsps (90 ml) Molasses
- ⅓ Cup (90 ml) Hot Water (warmed to 115 deg F)
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¾ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cloves
- ⅛ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Cup (60 gms) Confectioners' Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and spray/grease a bundt pan with oil spray/oil. Set it aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or using hand mixer, beat butter till creamy on high speed. Add brown sugar and beat till it gets light and fluffy. About 1 and a ½ minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat in to combine. Pour in measured molasses and hot water. Slowly mix it in too.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda and all the spices) over wet. Fold gradually till combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter in prepared bundt pans and bake for 23-25 minutes. Or till the bundt cakes pass toothpick test.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 10-12 minuted and invert the pan on wire stand. Unmold the bundt pans and cool completely before icing.
To prepare Lemon Icing:
- Whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice together until mixed well.
- You may add more sugar if you find the icing too thin. Add more lemon juice if it is too viscous for your liking.
- Drizzle on cooled bundt cakes.