If you are looking for easy Christmas Desserts, these simple, made with 4 ingredients and no bake Sugar Cookie Truffles are a brilliant idea to go with!
Cookie Truffles that are made with 4 simple ingredients- Sugar Cookies, Cream Cheese, White Chocolate and festive Christmas Sprinkles.
I make dozens of Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Truffles and Gingerbread Molasses Cookies during this time of the year!
But there is no denying to what a rush Holiday season is! This is when no bake desserts like these White Chocolate Truffle recipe comes in handy.
Also, these little truffles are the perfect no bake treat to try when you have left over cookies!
Cookie Truffles Ingredients:
There are only four! And since we are using a very few, it is essential that they are all quality ingredients.
- Sugar Cookies: Both homemade and store bought cookies (crunchy variety not soft) can be used for this recipe. If using homemade make sure they aren't fresh or very soft. As they won't crumble easily.
- Cream Cheese: I love to make my cookie truffles with full fat cream cheese for best taste. However if you want to make Sugar cookie truffles without cream cheese, try Nutella or peanut butter instead! Both taste yum in cookie truffles!
- White Chocolate: Any white chocolate works except chocolate chips. Because choc-chips are not made to be melted.
- Sprinkles: I used holly and berries to make Christmas Sugar Cookie Truffles, you may use sprinkles of your choice or top with cookie crumbs even leave them plain!
How to make Sugar Cookie Truffles
Making sugar cookie truffle recipe is a child's play if you remember a few things. Like using sugar cookies that are on the crispier side. Not using chocolate chips for coating! Look for more tips in the post below.
- Begin by grinding sugar cookies in a blender or food processor.
- Add in cream cheese and give it a whirl again until a dough forms.
- Roll and freeze the cookie balls.
- Dip in melted chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
Sugar Cookie Truffles Success Tips:
How to melt White Chocolate:
- Melting white chocolate can be the hardest part of making truffles if not done right. Melt chocolate using 30 second increments in the microwave. Stir in between.
- Add a little oil to ease the process and thin out the chocolate.
- You may also use double boiler method to melt chocolate. But water should not touch chocolate in any case. Else the chocolate will harden and seize.
- If you notice chocolate has begun to solidify while you are dipping truffles, reheat it 30 second increments again.
- Never dip truffles in very hot melted chocolate. Let it cool down a bit before coating.
Freeze the chocolate truffles before coating
This little trick helps the cookie balls to solidify and hold their shape when we dip them in melted chocolate.
Can I use store bought sugar cookies?
Yes, of course! But remember to select crunchy sugar cookies than soft ones. As crispy cookies will be a breeze to grind in the food processor.
How to coat Chocolate Truffles:
- For a smooth white chocolate coating avoid using chocolate chips. Good quality chocolate bar works the best. Chocolate wafers, almond bark or candy melts work too.
- Add a tsp of oil if using candy melts, that way you will get a thin coat of chocolate on each truffle.
- Dip the truffles quickly in the melted chocolate and shake off the excess by tapping the fork on bowl's edge.
How long will home made truffles keep?
Homemade truffles last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator covered in an airtight container. Freeze them for longer storage.
Should you refrigerate truffles?
These Chocolate Truffles are made with cream cheese that contains Dairy. So I strongly suggest you store them in the refrigerator if you aren't serving them the same day.
Plus they taste super yum, when served chilled!
Can you freeze truffles?
You can freeze truffles up to 2 months in the freezer. Just remember to coat them in chocolate before freezing. As un-coated cookie balls may dry out in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
More Christmas Treats to try:
Best Holiday Cookies from Greedy Eats
If you liked these Cookies Truffles, give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Sugar Cookie Truffles
- 2 (200 gms) Cups Crispy Sugar Cookies (I used 6 cookies Approx 3 inch diameter)
- ¼ (2 oz) Cup Cream Cheese Room Temp
- 2 Cup White Chocolate bar or white chocolate melting wafers (For melting)
- ¼ Cup Sprinkles to decorate and fold in the dough (optional)
- Place sugar cookies in food processor/blender and process till they turn into fine crumbs.
- Add cream cheese and process again until a dough kind of mixture forms. Add sprinkles to the dough (save some for topping) and fold them in. If you find the dough is too try and the cookie balls are crumbling, add 1-2 tsp of milk to the mixture.
- Form 18 balls out of this mixture, place on a lined tray and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt your chocolate (see instructions on how to melt chocolate in the post above) in a small bowl.
- Take the truffles out of freezer and dip them one at a time in the melted chocolate using a fork. Tap the excess chocolate off and place on the tray again.
- Quickly top with sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- Repeat the process until all the truffles are coated in chocolate. If chocolate solidifies in between, melt it in microwave again in 30 second increments.