Who doesn’t like soft, chewy and thick peanut butter cookies filled with loads of melty chocolate chips and M&Ms. And when you don’t require to chill the cookie dough then dress them up as Holiday Cookies, would you ask for more?
Best Monster Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
- Butter, granulated sugar and egg
- Brown Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Quick Oats
- Flour, leavener and salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Choc chips and M&Ms
How to make Monster Cookies:
- Cream butter and sugars
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Add creamy peanut butter next
- Sift and fold dry ingredients over wet
- Add choc chips and M&Ms
- Make cookie dough balls
- And bake!
Why are my peanut butter cookies crumbly?
- If you accidentally add too much flour, your cookies might be crumbly.
- Over baking the cookies might also lead to a cookie that crumbles!
Can I freeze monster cookie dough?
Of course. I’d say for about 2 months. Roll the cookie dough balls. chill them (in freezer) on a baking tray till they are super firm and then store in ziploc bags. No need to thaw them. Bake for an additional minute.
What do I do if my peanut butter cookie dough is too sticky?
Chill it for a few hours in the refrigerator. Or in the freezer to speed up the process. If you still find it sticky, add a tsp or 2 of flour to the dough.
Can I use natural peanut butter for cookies?
I don’t recommend it. As natural PB is thinner and will lead to thinner and crispier baked Peanut Butter Cookies. If you still plan to use it in your dough, chill the cookie dough overnight before baking.
My small batch monster cookies are irresistibly soft, incredibly thick and absolute miracle cookies!
More Christmas Dessert Recipes for you!
Best Monster Cookie Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Large Egg
- 6 Tbsp (92 gms) Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 10 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Quick Oats
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and creamy. About 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla till combined. Next mix in peanut butter. Scrap the sides of bowl as needed.
- Slowly sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) into wet and fold till combined. Do not overmix the dough.
- Fold in quick oats, choc chips and M&Ms. If you find the dough is too soft to work with. Chill it for 15 minutes in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes or just until cookie start to appear golden on the edges. Cookies might appear soft but don't over bake them.
- Allow the cookies to cool on baking tray for 5-7 minutes and allow to cool on wire rack further.
- Store them at room temperature for up to a week.