This Best Monster Cookie Recipe bakes thick and is loaded with Peanut Butter. The best part is it's a no chill Cookie recipe all dressed up for Christmas!
Try these Softest Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies Next! You need to check out all my cookies recipes here!
Who doesn't like soft, chewy and thick peanut butter cookies filled with loads of melty chocolate chips and M&Ms. And when you don't require to chill the cookie dough then dress them up as Holiday Cookies, would you ask for more?
Monster Cookie Ingredients:
- Brown Sugar: I like to use light brown sugar for these cookies. You may use dark one for more intensified molasses flavor.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: This is an absolute must for a classic textured PB cookies. Using Natural PB will alter their texture, I wouldn't recommend it.
- Quick Oats: If you don't have them in pantry, just quickly pulse old fashioned oats a few times and use them instead. Check the image above for their texture.
- Flour, leavener and salt: Can't imagine a good cookie without them all! ;D
- Vanilla: Adds to the flavor of our cookie.
- Choc chips and M&Ms: You may use them in any size and shape as you desire. Just make to use them in the same quantity as the recipe states. 😉
How to make Monster Cookies:
- Cream butter and sugars
- Beat in egg and vanilla next
- Add and mix in creamy peanut butter
- Sift and fold in dry ingredients with wet
- Add choc chips and M&Ms
- Make cookie dough balls
- And bake!
Why are my peanut butter cookies crumbly?
- If you accidentally add too much flour, your cookies might be crumbly.
- Over baking the cookies might also lead to a cookie that crumbles!
Can I freeze monster cookie dough?
Of course. I'd say for about 2 months. Roll the cookie dough balls. chill them (in freezer) on a baking tray till they are super firm and then store in ziploc bags. No need to thaw them. Bake for an additional minute.
What do I do if my peanut butter cookie dough is too sticky?
Chill it for a few hours in the refrigerator. Or in the freezer to speed up the process. If you still find it sticky, add a tsp or 2 of flour to the dough.
Why are my Monster Cookies falling apart?
It may happen if you try to take out baked cookies out of cooking tray too soon! Allow the cookies to cool down on tray for about 5 minutes before transferring them to wire rack.
Can I use natural peanut butter for cookies?
I don't recommend it. As natural PB is thinner and will lead to thinner and crispier baked Peanut Butter Cookies. If you still plan to use it in your dough, chill the cookie dough overnight before baking.
My small batch monster cookies are irresistibly soft, incredibly thick and absolute miracle cookies!
More Christmas Dessert Recipes
If you liked these Thick Monster Cookies, give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Best Monster Cookie Recipe
- ¼ Cup Butter (Room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar (I used light)
- ½ Large Egg (Room temperature, see notes)
- 6 Tbsp (92 gms) Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 10 Tbsp (78 gms) All purpose flour
- ¼ Cup Quick Oats
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ Cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and creamy. About 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla till combined. Next mix in peanut butter. Scrap the sides of bowl as needed.
- Slowly sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) into wet and fold till combined. Do not overmix the dough. Fold in quick oats, choc chips and M&Ms. If you find the dough is too soft to work with. Chill it for 15 minutes in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes or just until cookie start to appear golden on the edges. Cookies might appear soft but don't over bake them.
- Allow the cookies to cool on baking tray for 5-7 minutes and allow to cool on wire rack further.
- The cookies will stay fresh for about 3-4 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Both baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen. Thaw baked cookies on the counter top overnight before serving. No need to thaw unbaked cookie dough balls. Just bake them for an extra minute.
Marlynn | Urban Bliss Life
These monster cookies look so yummy and festive! What a great and easy holiday cookie to make, and I love the addition of peanut butter.
Your cookie recipe is a keeper! It is a baking project to make with nieces:) It will be fun for sure!
These are the best cookies! My kids love them!
God these cookies make my mouth water looking at them. Its even better that they taste that good!