These healthy chocolate muffins are moist as a chocolate cake and light as a cupcake. You can never tell these are healthified!
More Delicious healthy Desserts for you!
They say breakfast is meant to be a healthier meal. Today I am serving you dessert for breakfast. Also don't they say
breakfast dessert is the most important meal of the day? So...what do you say?
Would you like to have one, okay two! of these HEALTHY chocolate muffins for breakfast?
Yes, I said healthy. The muffins you sight above aren't your same old sugar loaded, butter rich, apf packed chocolate muffins. But these are rich in good fat, fruity, wholesome and contain no sugar. I bet you can't guess any of it. They taste so sinful and decadent!
You wouldn't have to loosen your belts to eat these. A double chocolate (chocolate in the batter+chocolate chips) dessert for breakfast just got healthified! Magical chocolate muffins as I call them!
So what makes these healthy chocolate muffins Healthy?
- Whole wheat flour: Yes, this healthy chocolate muffin recipe uses zero tsp of all purpose flour. Still they taste ultra light. Which is certainly a hard thing to achieve while baking with whole wheat!
- Coconut oil: The muffins get their fat from coconut oil. Plus it makes them so moist and tender. Melt in your mouth soft! You can use any flavorless oil of choice. I love coconut oil in my breakfast muffins.
- Honey: They are sweetened with 100% honey. This recipe uses no sugar. ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR AT ALL. I felt the need to shout it out loud. 😉
Healthy muffin= Dry+dense+chewy+brick hard muffin is old story!
This is new! ↓ ↓ ↓ ♥
Soft, moist, light, chocolate rich and hard to resist with every bite! Healthy chocolate muffins for breakfast. Any takers?
Pant size friendly muffins that taste so rich with pockets of melty chocolate decadence in your mouth (Hello milk chocolate chips!).
Oh and I completely forgot our second star of the show today. Drumroll for dark, ripen, sweet and juicy cherries folks!
There are plenty of them in every single bite. Fresh and juicy cherries combined with dark and rich chocolate explosion. And do you know the best part? The cherries stay chunkier than other berries giving these muffins a slight fruity bite. Not one soggy crumb in sight!
Making the muffin batter!
- These muffins are so easy and a perfect treat for breakfast. They need no mixer. And the process is pretty simple. We will sift all the dry ingredients together, This is to aerate our wheat flour and get rid of lumps in the cocoa powder.
- Also we are using dutch processed cocoa in today's muffin recipe When I tested it with natural unsweetened cocoa, found it a tad bitter for my taste. And I am a sucker for bitter chocolate. I strongly recommend dutch processed cocoa here.
- Then mix all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. There are some eggs, vanilla honey and oil. And nothing else. Oh and I also mix a little coffee in this bowl. Chocolate flavor intensifies several folds with this teeny-tiny addition.
I know you want to dip your fingers in this bowl. 😉 I can't blame you. And I will not judge most certainly!
These chocolate chocolate chip muffins with juicy bursts of cherries inside is the only answer to all your morning prayers!
Breakfast or dessert, or dessert for breakfast. That's for you to decide.
Healthy chocolate muffins with chocolate chips and fresh cherries
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsps (84 gms) Whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 2 large Eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Coconut oil (or any other flavorless oil)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Cherries (ripen and diced)
- 3-4 Cherries (fresh, diced)
- 2 Tbsp Milk chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with 8 liners. Set it aside.2. Sift flour, cocoa, salt with baking powder and baking soda twice.3. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg until frothy. Add coconut oil, vanilla, milk and honey to the egg mixture. Mix everything well.4. Pour these wet ingredients over dry and fold using a spatula. Take extra care not to over mix the batter. Over mixing can result in dense muffins. Fold only till no flour is visible in the batter. 5. Fold in chocolate chips and diced cherries. Divide batter equally in the pre-lined liners. Top with chocolate chips and cherries toppings. 6. Bake the muffins for 16-18 minutes. Or until they pass the toothpick test. Mine were done in 17 minutes. Do not over bake them. It will result in a dense and dry bake. Not so delicious!7. Let them cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Cool further on a wire rack. Enjoy them warm!
- If you do not have whole wheat pastry flour in your pantry right now, you may use half whole wheat and half all purpose flour. Even using 100% apf works well in this recipe.
- Any left overs can be stored at room temperature covered in an air tight container for 2-3 days. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up-to 7 days. Warm them up in microwave before enjoying.
- These chocolate muffins are freezer friendly. You can store them for 3 months in the freezer. Thaw them overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature or re-heat to enjoy!