Made with Chocolate, tastes like brownies, no chill time needed and ready in under 30 minutes, yes these Chocolate m&m Cookies are the cookies of your dreams!
Try my Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookies next! Looking for a quick Valentine Treat? Make these easiest Cake Pops ever! Find all Valentines Day Desserts here.
Taste and Texture:
- fudgy brownie Cookies
- Filled with Chocolates of 3 kinds
- And then dotted with m&ms for crunch and texture
- Crisp edges and chewy centers
Chocolate Cookies Ingredients:
- Butter: We are using melted butter and mixed with melted chocolate to create that brownie like cookies.
- Brown Sugar: Along with granulated sugar, this recipe calls for some brown sugar to create fudgy cookies.
- 2 Eggs: You will require room temperature eggs. Beat them well with both sugars.
- Chocolate: Don't reach for chocolate chips here. Use baking chocolate instead. The better the quality of your chocolate, the better your cookies!
- Chocolate Chips: I like to add semi sweet chocolate chips since I don't like my cookies overly sweet. You may add milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Flour: All purpose flour is the base of these cookies.
- M&ms: Both mini or regular m&ms will work here.
How to make Chocolate m&m Cookie Recipe:
You can make Brownie Cookies without chocolate chips also. Just m&ms work too!
And these taste so much better than those chocolate cookies from box! Just like homemade brownies!
- Melt butter and chocolate together till melted. Mix and cool it off.
- Add both sugars, egg and beat them very well.
- Next add in vanilla, all dry ingredients next.
- Form cookie dough add m&ms and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough on baking sheets and bake!
What is the best chocolate to use in cookies?
I usually use semi sweet chocolate bars to make my cookies. Just as you would use in brownies.
More Chocolate Desserts:
Chocolate Brownie Cookies topped with chocolate Ganache
If you liked these cookies give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Chocolate m&m Cookies
- Baking Sheets
- Hand/stand Mixer
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet chocolate bar (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Whole Milk
- ½ Cup M&ms
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Valentines Sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 300 deg F and Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine chopped chocolate and butter. Heat them in 15 second increments mixing in between, until butter and chocolate are melted and can easily be whisked smooth. Make sure not to overheat or the mixture will seize.
- Using a hand/stand mixer whisk in the vanilla, both sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and form the dough. Make sure not to over mix here! Fold in the M&M's, chocolate chips and sprinkles (if adding).
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops look shiny. Press a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips of the warm cookies right when they come out of the oven. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet before storing.
- The cookies will stay fresh for about 3-4 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Both baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen. Thaw baked cookies on the counter top overnight before serving. No need to thaw unbaked cookie dough balls. Just bake them for an extra minute.
Looks easy to do yet yummy. I can mae this for Valentine's day and give it to my friends.
Such an easy and yummy recipe! Both my teens would love it, will try soon
Oh... MY YUM!!! I need to make these! Today! Or tomorrow... My son and boyfriend will love these!
These are so pretty and festive. I can't wait to share them at home
Wow! Those look really amazing. I wish I could bake. I would try some.
I have never tried this recipe, my recipe is a bit different. But I'll try this and get back to you!
My husband is going to go crazy for these! I pinned them and can't wait to give them a try!
looks very delicious and so very festive! I need to give it a try!
These cookies certainly look so delicious and I am wondering if it is possible to make them without M+Ms? I have all the other ingredients except whole milk but I'm planning to use soy milk instead.
Yes of course! You can make it without m&ms. Happy Baking!
These cookies look amazing, they look so gooey and fudgy. I would like to try them out, I love M&Ms.
These cookies sound so delicious. I have M&Ms in my deep freezer. I need to make these.
Oh heck yes, these cookies look amazing. I will have to make them with my kids!
Wow, these turned out so lovely! Definitely the perfect cookie for the month of love 🙂