Cold, Creamy and Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches with good ol chocolate and Peanut butter flavors! Best Summer Dessert ever!
These Peanut Butter cookies are posted here! My flavorsome Neapolitan cookies will taste so good as these sandwiches, give them a go.
Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream sandwiched between two Soft and chewy Peanut Butter Cookies! Cookies and Ice Cream together. Does dessert get any better?
Tell me you too love ice creams during winter and I am not alone! Specially when soft and gooey PB Cookies are involved!
Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches ingredients:
- Ice Cream: Both homemade or store bought ice creams can be used for this recipe. I went with Enlightened low calorie chocolate ice cream!
- Cookies: I used my softest Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: Well are you really looking for a reason??
- Chocolate Sprinkles: For that little crunch and looks!!!
How to make Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
If you remember a few key points, Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are a breeze to put together.
- I always prefer to bake my cookies 1-2 days before I plan to make ice cream cookie sandwiches. That way the sandwiches are even easier to put together. Also the cookies get some time to firm up a bit, so they hold their shapes better.
- Chill the cookies for a while in the freezer, that way ice cream won't melt the second you sandwich it on the cookies.
- Keep cookies in a tray and store in freezer as you make them. Or else the ice cream will melt.
- Roll in your favorite sprinkles/ chocolate chips or both! Enjoy.
How do you store homemade ice cream sandwiches?
Ice cream sandwiches are best stored in the freezer right after you sandwich them and until you are ready to serve. Simply treat ice cream sandwiches like ice cream and you got it under control!
Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for about 2 months, wrapped individually and covered tightly.
How long do ice cream sandwiches last
I'd say easily about 2 months in the freezer. 🙂
More summer desserts to try:
Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
- 12 Peanut Butter Cookies (Made a day or 2 before)
- 1 ½ Cup Chocolate Ice Cream (Homemade or store bought)
- ¼ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Sprinkles
- Bake your PB Chocolate Chip Cookies a day or 2 before you plan to make sandwich cookies. This step will save you some time and give cookies time to firm up a bit.
- 15-20 minutes before sandwiching the cookies with chocolate ice cream, keep them in freezer on a tray to chill.
- When ready sandwich ice cream between 2 cookies and roll in sprinkles and mini chocolate chips. Keep the prepared sandwich on the tray in the freezer again while you prepare other 3 sandwiches.
- Repeat the above step till you have 6 ice cream sandwiches in total.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve!
- Keep Ice cream cookies stored in the freezer all the times until you are ready to serve them.
- Wrap any leftovers individually in a cling wrap and store in the freezer covered tightly in a freeze safe bag/container.
- You can store ice cream cookie sandwiches in the freezer for about 2-3 months.