Moist and fluffy Cinnamon Swirl Cake with Caramel Brown Sugar glaze in here to remind you that it is almost fall! Such an easy Bundt Cake recipe that doesn't even need a mixer.
Try Pumpkin Bundt Cakes in mini form next! Oh and you will love this Pecan Pie Bundt Cake. Find all my Bundt Cake Recipes here.
Bundt Cake: Taste and Texture
- Moist and super soft
- Thick Cinnamon Swirl Inside
- Chewy and Crunchy Cinnamon Swirl on top
- Encased with sweet Caramelized Brown Sugar Glaze
Cinnamon Bundt Cake Ingredients:
- Oil: Makes cake very moist and you wont even miss butter with all the cinnamon and brown sugar flavors!
- Yogurt: Both greek yogurt and regular yogurt work well in this recipe. Use full fat for soft texture.
- Egg and Vanilla: 1 Egg will give structure to your cake and vanilla provides flavor.
- Leavener: 1 tsp of baking soda does it in this cake. It reacts with acid in the yogurt to produce a fluffy cake.
- Sugar: We are using granulated sugar for this recipe.
How to make Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake:
- Mix milk, oil, yogurt and egg in a medium mixing bowl using a balloon whisk or hand beater.
- Add and fold all dry ingredients in wet and the batter is ready.
- Pour half of the batter in a greased bundt pan and add cinnamon Sugar mixture (save some for top layer).
- Add rest of the batter to the pan. Top with remaining cinnamon sugar and lightly swirl it in.
- Bake at 350 deg F till done.
Cinnamon Sugar Layer:
There are two in this small bundt Cake. The layer in the center is quite thick and almost melty to taste.
The layer on top bakes up chewy and crunchy. Tastes so good!
Caramel Brown Sugar Glaze:
This is such a thick and gooey glaze. Goes well with almost any fall cake that you can imagine!
To make it, just bring some butter and brown sugar to a boil. After the sugar caramelizes, add milk and allow it to come to cool down a bit.
Then add powdered sugar as required and whisk it to get desired thickness.
How do you grease a Bundt pan?
Apply a coat of oil or butter covering every nook and cranny of your bundt pan. Then apply a coat of flour. Make sure every crevice is well coated in flour as well.
Should you let a bundt cake cool before flipping it?
Yes, for about 10 minutes and your cake will come out even more easily out of that pan.
This allows cake to cool down a bit and decreases chances of it breaking, when you attempt to remove it.
How long do you let a bundt cake cool before removing from pan?
Till the bundt cake is not hot to touch anymore. Before you try to remove the cake, run a knife around the edges of the cake for easy removal.
Can I bake this cake in a regular Bundt Pan?
Yes, with ease! Just double this recipe to bake in a 10 cup bundt pan.
More Cinnamon Dessert Recipes for you:
Easy Coffee Cake with cinnamon crumb
Banana Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Topping
If you liked these Muffins give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Cinnamon Swirl Cake
- Bundt Pan
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg (Room temp)
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Oil
- ⅓ Cup Greek Yogurt (Room temp, Full fat)
- ⅔ Cup Milk (Room temp, Full fat)
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
Caramel Brown Sugar Glaze:
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- ⅓ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon with granulated sugar in a small bowl and set it aside.
To make Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 7 inch bundt pan with butter/oil and a coat of flour to cover every nook and cranny of your pan. Set it aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, take an egg, granulated sugar, oil, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Whisk it all using a hand whisk, to combine well. You can also make use of a hand beater.
- Next add in all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) into wet and fold only till flour disappears into the batter.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top, saving some (about 2 tbsps) for top layer.
- Pour rest of the batter in pan. Top with remaining cinnamon sugar and give it a light swirl. Avoid over swirling.
- Bake this bundt cake for 40-50 mins or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Caramel Brown Sugar Glaze:
- On medium heat, melt brown sugar over stove in a small heavy bottom pan. Add a tbsp of water in it to ease the process.
- As the sugar starts melting add butter and keep stirring with a whisk to avoid caramelization and sugar sticking to the pan. After it comes to a boil add in milk and turn the flame off.
- Allow to cool don a bit and add powdered sugar to it. You can add a little more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency for your glaze.
- Top on cooled cake. Don't wait for too long as this icing starts to set after a few minutes.
- Bundt cake stays good at room temp, covered tightly for 3-4 days. For longer storage, refrigerate it up to a week.
- You can also freeze glazed/unglazed cake for 3 months in ziploc or air tight containers. Thaw overnight in refrigerator or on counter top before serving.
Amazing recipe especially for someone like me who doesnt own a mixer.. Thanks for sharing
OMG that looks absolutely delicious...trying this recipe tomorrow
This was autumn on a plate! Thank you for such thorough instructions.
I really like your closeup shots because they show how perfect the texture in this swirl cake is. Absolutely delicious!
This cake looks so delicious! I need that caramel brown sugar glaze so bad!!
Wow this bundt cake was so easy to make and the texture was soft 🙂