Pump-kin yourself up with this moist and light mini pumpkin bundt cake recipe covered with a silky and smooth cream cheese icing!
I can’t believe it’s already time to shut those windows! Sad face…
What about you? Are you now ready to embrace fall, chilly nights, cozy blankets, pumpkins, HOT CHOCOLATE and apple pies? I am suddenly starting to feel better!
Also it’s first fall on greedyeats. Yay! Super-excited to pumpkin it all!!!!
And to celebrate fall we certainly need cake. Not your average pumpkin bundt cake though!
No I am serious! Who wouldn’t adore pumpkin cakes that are:
- Super Cute with those sprinkles and that topper. ♥
- Taste outta this world with all the warm spices and maple cream cheese frosting!
- Amazingly moist and soft with the addition of oil, brown sugar and the lord of moisture out there-Pumpkin puree!
Pumpkin bundt cake recipe:batter & prepration
You will be shocked to hear how easy these mini bundt cakes are to put together. If you can open a can of pumpkin, you can nail this recipe!
No, really. You don’t need any special skills here. One bowl, no mixers, mix wet ingredients together, fold in dry, pour and bake!
Also all the ingredients are kitchen staples. Like flour, oil, brown sugar, egg, spices and vanilla. My cream cheese frosting uses a little maple extract, which you can replace with vanilla. But better get a bottle of maple this fall. You wouldn’t regret it!
This recipe makes three small or two good sized mini pumpkin bundts cakes. Though you can double or tripple the recipe at ease to make 4 or 6 bundt cakes. Just remember to adjust spices and extracts to your liking.
Simply taste some batter. You will get a fair idea of how your cake is gonna taste after baking. This tip holds true for all cakes, cupcakes, cookies, bars, pie fillings and anything that you bake!
- 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cardamom+black pepper+cloves
- 1/4 Cup Flavorless oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 6 tbsp Brown sugar (light/dark)
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin puree
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
Cream cheese icing
- 2 tbsp Butter (Room temperature)
- 2 oz Cream cheese (Room temperature)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Maple Extract
- 1 tsp Milk (if needed)
- 1/3 Cup Sprinkles of choice
- 3 Pumpkin toppers
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F.2. Add egg, pumpkin puree, sugar, oil and vanilla together in a medium mixing bowl and mix to combine.3. Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt) over the wet ones and fold in gently to combine.4. Pour the batter in mini bundt pans and bake for about 20-30 minutes. Exact baking time will depend on how much you fill your bundt pans. When a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, they are ready.5. Let them cool completely before flipping them out. Cool further down to room temperature before icing.For the icing:1. Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.2. Now add maple extract and powdered sugar slowly. Continue to beat till you get a silky and soft icing.3. Add milk if needed to get the desired spreadable consistency.4. Spread icing on completely cooled cakes and decorate with sprinkles and toppers or as desired.
- both homemade and canned pumpkin puree work well in this recipe.
- I like a lot of spices in my pumpkin baked goods, you can adjust them to your liking.
- You may substitute ground cardamom+black pepper+cloves with an extra 1/2 tsp of all spices.
Frosting recipe is adapted from boysahoy.com