Topped with Caramel and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, my Caramel Apple Cupcakes are just like fall wrapped in a wrapper!
Taste and Texture:
- Soft and Buttery
- Filled with fall spices
- Fluffy with a hint of apple flavor
- Topped with sweet and tangy frosting and homemade caramel
- Apples: You will need 4 medium sized apples that are cored, peeled and grated with extra juice/liquid removed. I like to use granny smiths or honey crisp apples to bake my cakes and cupcakes.
- Butter: Butter gives an unbeatable flavor to these cupcakes. I would not suggest to replace it with oil.
- 2 Eggs: To give structures to cupcakes.
- Baking Soda: Soda will help lift your cupcakes.
- Spices: A blend of measured spices like cinnamon and nutmeg will bring out the apple flavor.
How to make Apple Cupcakes:
These cupcakes are made with very few simple ingredients. Just remember to use everything at room temperature and you will be rewarded with the best Apple Cupcakes ever!
- Beat butter and sugar till they get light and pale in color.
- Add and beat in egg, one at a time.
- Fold in apples and vanilla
- Sift flour and baking soda over wet ingredients and for the batter
- Divide cupcake batter into 10 liners and bake at 350 deg F.
How to make Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting:
This recipe yields around 2 ½ to 3 cups of frosting. It is perfectly spiced, so creamy and just the right amount of sweet. To make it-
Beat butter, cream cheese (both at room temp) and vanilla until well combined.
Then add cinnamon, sugar, 2 cups at a time and continue to beat until desired consistency is obtained.
More Fall Desserts:
If you liked these Muffins give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Stand mixer
- Piping Bag and Tip
- Cupcake pan and Cupcake Liners
- 2 Cups (250 gms) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Cloves
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened to room temp)
- 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 medium Apples Peeled, Cored, grated and excess liquid removed)
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 Oz (1 packet) Cream Cheese (Not cream cheese spread, Softened to room temp)
- ½ Cup Butter (Softened to room temp, I used salted)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Caramel (To drizzle on frosted cupcakes)
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 10 cupcake liners. Set it aside. Grate peeled and cored apples and squeeze out excess juice out of them using your hands or paper towel. Set them aside too.
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. About 2-3 mns. Add egg and beat it in. Now stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda, spices, salt and add grated apples over wet ingredients.
- Fold in to form batter. Do not over mix. Batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter equally among 10 liners and bake for 25-30 minutes. Or till they pass the toothpick test.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to wire rack to complete cooling.
To make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter for a minute using a stand mixer for a minute and then beat in room temperature cream cheese. Add vanilla and 2 cups of sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add cinnamon and the rest of powdered sugar in and beat for 2-3 minutes or till the frosting gets fluffy and creamy. Frost with desired piping tip on cooled cupcakes.
- Frosted cupcakes stay good for 1-2 days at room temperature. For a longer storage, keep them in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Unfrosted cupcakes freeze well for 2 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator or on the counter before frosting.
- Frosted cupcakes can be frozen too, always put paper towels in the containers your store them, to soak extra moisture. This will prevent the frosting from getting wet.