An easy Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe that bakes soft, chewy, puffy and they are melt in your mouth delicious. These cookies require only 1 hour of chilling time!
Taste and Texture:
- Chewy and sweet with a slight tangy flavor from cheese.
- Soft and Puffy
- Dotted with tart cranberries and sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese cookies ingredients:
Cream Cheese: You will require full far cream cheese at room temperature. Make sure you DON’T buy cream cheese spread.
Extracts: While only vanilla extract works well to flavor them, adding a little almond extract will add to their charm. Try it!
Cake Flour: Since cake flour contains a bit of cornstarch, we have already made sure these are the softest cookies to come out of your oven! 😉
Sugar: Only granulated sugar is required for this recipe to make chewier cookies.
How to make Cream Cheese Cookies:
- Always begin with room temp butter and cream cheese. Beat them well
- Next goes in sugar. Beat for a minute or so
- Add egg and extracts and beat again
- Add and fold cake flour and baking powder in 2-3 additions. Form dough
- Chill, make balls and bake
Do cookies made with cream cheese need to be refrigerated?
In my experience, refrigeration is not required to store cream cheese cookies. Since they contain only a small amount of cream cheese and it gets baked well, cookies will remain good stored at room temp for a few days.
Can you use cream cheese instead of butter in cookies?
Yes of course. And this recipe here is the proof. 😉 Try cream cheese chocolate chip cookies by subbing half of the butter with cream cheese! Or make these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
What is the secret to making soft cookies?
- Using some cornstarch in cookies, make them super soft
- Under baking cookies is an another genius trick to help cookies bake soft and stay soft for days
- Replacing some butter in the cookie dough with cream cheese makes them incredibly soft and puffy
More Cream Cheese Recipes:
If you liked these Cookies give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe
- Baking Tray
- Silicon Mat/Parchment Paper
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Salted, at room temperature)
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (at room temperature, not cream cheese spread)
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract (optional, but delicious)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 Cup Cake Flour
- Beat butter and cream cheese together till well creamed and lightened. Add and beat in the sugar for a minute. Next add in egg and extracts. Beat it in until combined.
- Sift and add cake flour and baking powder in 2-3 additions. Mix it all in and form the dough.
- Cover and chill the dough for an hour in refrigerator. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 deg F. Take the dough out of refrigerator and divide it into 20-22 balls.
- Place them on lined baking tray and bake for about 9-11 minutes or till the cookies look puffy and the underside edges will appear golden.
- Allow to cool the cookie for 5 minutes on the tray and then transfer to a wire stand to cool further down.
- Cookies stay fresh stored at room temperature covered tightly for 2-3 days.
- Baked or unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen for up to 2 months. No need to thaw dough balls before baking, just bake them for a minute longer.