Soft and chewy Cranberry Orange Cookies made with fresh cranberries, dotted with white chocolate chips and scented with orange. This is a no-chill cookie recipe ready in under 30 minutes. The only Holiday Cookie Recipe that you need!
Now if these don't look festive to you, I don't know what will. 😀 These Cranberry Cookies always bake super soft, since the base of our cookies is a soft Cream Cheese Cookies very similar to these Sugar Cookies.
Taste and Texture:
- Tangy and Sweet
- Oh-so-soft in the centers
- Dotted with white chocolate chips throughout
- Smells like holidays with added orange zest (don't skip it)
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Ingredients:
Butter: Make sure that it is at room temperature. Good thing is you will only need half the amount of butter as compared to most other cookie recipes. The other half will be replaced by cream cheese.
Cream Cheese: Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature too.
Sugar: We will only need granulated sugar to make the most chewy cookies ever!
Egg: 1 egg at room temp.
Cranberries: Both fresh or dried cranberries work in this recipe. If you plan to use dried cranberries only 1 cup will be required since they are sweetened.
How to make cranberry Cookies from Scratch:
- Beat butter and cream cheese together. Then beat in the egg.
- Now slowly fold in the sifted dry ingredients, then Mix in chopped cranberries, white chocolate and orange zest.
- Roll into balls and stick them in freezer while you preheat the oven.
- Bake and allow to cool down.
How do you use fresh cranberries in baking?
Tartness of fresh cranberries pairs so well with sweet, crunchy and buttery goods such as white chocolate. Check out my Cranberry Crumb Cake that uses fresh Crannies! You will love these Whole Wheat Cranberry Pistachio Muffins too.
What can I use fresh cranberries for?
Fresh Cranberries can be used in coffee cakes, breads, muffins or to make cookies like you see here.
Should dried cranberries be soaked before baking?
I think it isn't required to soak cranberries when making cookies and muffins with it. If you are planning to put them in Christmas fruit cakes, may be soak them in apple/orange juice ro some liquor then.
How long do fresh cranberries last?
Fresh Cranberries last for as long as any fresh produce lasts. They will keep good in refrigerator for about 3-4 weeks. If you plan to freeze them, they will last you for a year. No need to thaw them before using.
More Holiday Cookies for you:
If you liked these Cookies give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Hand mixer
- Baking Tray
- Silicon Mat/Parchment Paper
- ½ Cup Butter at room temperature
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese at room temperature, not cream cheese spread
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg at room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ Cups All purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Cranberries Chopped
- Zest of one Orange
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened butter and cream cheese till they get light an fluffy, about a minute. Add in sugar and beat again to incorporate all the sugar in. Add and beat in the egg and vanilla next.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) over wet and fold in to combine.
- Mix in chopped cranberries, white chocolate chips and zest of an orange.
- Roll into 36 balls and top with few chunks of cranberries (for looks, optional). Place the dough balls into freezer while you preheat the oven to 375 deg F.
- Bake these cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Allow to cool down for about 5 minutes and then allow to cool down further on wire rack.
- Cookies will stay fresh at room temp for 2-3 days kept in an air tight container. You can refrigerate them for 3-6 days.
- Both baked and unbaked cookies can be frozen for up to 2 months. No need to thaw cookie dough balls, just bake them a minute longer.