You'll go bananas over these fluffy Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting & a generous caramel drizzle. They are my most favorite cupcakes, coz CARAMEL!
Try my Fall Favorite Pumpkin Cupcakes Next!
And these easy cupcakes are going to win your hearts too! They are a far cry from a plain and boring banana cupcake topped with a dallop of frosting!
Our fluffy and best banana Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are:
- Buttery, moist, and oh-s0-fluffy
- Frosted with easy and creamy cinnamon speckled cream cheese frosting
- Drizzled with homemade caramel sauce
- Topped with a fresh slice of banana
I mean what more could ask for! Look at those teeny tiny speckles of banana in the cupcakes. They are the proof that your cupcakes are overflowing with fruity flavors!
Make sure to use a ripened banana in your banana cupcake recipe. Check out my easy tip to quickly ripen your banana here!
If you love crunch in your cupcakes, try topping these with some crushed pecans or mini choc-chips!
This recipe uses a very few basic ingredients and ¾ cup of ripened and mashed banana. So easy to put together and always a crowd pleaser!
- We will begin by creaming butter and sugar together.
- Next beat in one egg and vanilla
- Now fold in the mashed banana
- Then sift your dry ingredients over wet.
- Fold, pour in liners and bake!
Look at them! ⇑ SO soft, buttery and yum. I ended up eating one straight away! 🤤🤤🤤
Ok so now that your banana cupcakes from scratch are ready, it is time to frost them!
The best Cream cheese frosting
This cream cheese frosting is so decadent and is deliciously spiced with half tsp of ground cinnamon! This little addition takes cream cheese frosting from blah to OMG Delicious!
How do you store cream cheese frosting?
- You can store this frosting at room temp (frosted on cupcakes) for about 5-7 hours. I recommend storing it in the fridge if needed to be stored any longer.
- Cream cheese frosting can be made ahead and stored in fridge covered tightly for up to 4 days and around a month in the freezer.
Why is my cream cheese icing runny?
It can be because of the liquid present in the cream cheese. To prevent runny cream cheese frosting
- Don't start with cream cheese that is too soft or warm
- Take care not to over beat your frosting
- Use full fat cream cheese as opposed to low fat
How do you thicken cream cheese frosting?
- Try adding 2 tsps of cornstarch and blend it in. If you still find the frosting too runny for your preference, try adding a little more.
- As a general rule: don't add any more than ¼ cup in 4 oz of cream cheese!
Banana Cupcake FAQs
How do you make cupcakes Fluffy?
- Baking fluffy cupcakes has to do with beating air bubbles in your batter. These air bubbles expand as the cupcakes bake, making them fluffy!
- Make sure to not over beat your batter. As it will collapse all the air bubbles.
- Don't pour batter in liners/pans from a height. You will end up deflating the bubbles this way too! Learn more about it all in my cupcake baking tips!
Can I freeze banana cupcakes?
Of course you can. For about 2 months! But I'd recommend freezing them without frosting. Thaw and frost them when ready to serve.
Don't forget to drizzle your fall favorite cupcakes with homemade caramel! Try this banana cupcake recipe and share your clicks with me here!
If you liked this recipe you are sure to love my pumpkin choc chip cookies
Easy and soft Cream Cheese Cookies
Also these cute little pumpkin bundt cakes
And Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes
More fall and thanksgiving recipes inspiration for you!
Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Cup All purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ Cup (½ stick) Butter (Softened to room temp, unsalted)
- 1 Large egg (room temp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Mashed Banana (About 2 small bananas)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz (112 gms, ½ block) Cream cheese (Full fat, softened to room temp.)
- ¼ Cup (57 gms) Butter (Unsalted, room temp.)
- 1 ½ Cups Confectioners' sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
Caramel Sauce to drizzle over cupcakes (optional but delicious)
Few fresh banana slices to top
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line a cupcake pan with 6 liners. Set it aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork and set it aside too.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy, about 2 mins. Next add an egg, vanilla and beat in to combine well. Scrape the sides of mixing bowl as needed.
- Now add in the mashed banana and beat in to mix. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over wet ingredients and fold in just until the flour disappears into the batter.
- Pour into the pre-prepared liners and bake for 25-28 mins or until they pass toothpick test. Cool on a wire stand completely and frost!
Making the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using a handheld mixer beat cream cheese frosting and butter together until light and creamy.
- Now add confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Beat on low for a few seconds.
- Then beat on high for about a min or two. At this point if you find your frosting is a little runny than you'd like, add 1-2 tsp of cornstarch to it.
- Frost on cooled cupcakes as desired. I frosted mine with Ateco round tip.
- I got this frosting effect by keeping the tip in the center and applying pressure to form one circle of frosting. Repeat this process 3-4 times.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and top each cupcake with a fresh banana slice. Enjoy!
- You can make your cupcakes a day in advance. Store them at room temp, covering tightly. Same way cream cheese frosting can be made a day or 2 in advance. Store it in the refrigerator.
- Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen for about 2 months. Thaw completely before frosting.
Could I use half granulated sugar and half brown sugar?
I would not recommend it since brown sugar is more moist than granulated sugar. Your cupcakes will be a little more on the moister side if added brown sugar. Let me know if you try it.
Can this be made as a cake?
I don't see why not! Same oven temperature, but I am not sure of the baking time. Toothpick test after a few minutes would the way to go!
I love this recipe so very much - I'm so happy to have found it! Thank you!!
I am sooo ready to go ahead and make these because the images look absolutely incredible! My mouth waters from the last photo, so I can't imagine how happy I will be having these in my kitchen!
I can totally understand why these are your favorite cupcakes because they are absolutely delicious! The recipe is super easy and they are such a crowd pleaser. Thanks for such a great recipe!
From the perfect cream cheese frosting to the caramel dripping down the sides this banana cupcake is stunning.
I am a cheese fan and I am drooling with this awesome presentation. Yum.
Wow! These were amazing; exactly what I needed to cure my sweet tooth!
That frosting has me practically drooling. I have to try these. Plus, with the banana in there, it is totally a health food right? 😉
These sweet banana cupcakes look so delicious! They would be perfect for wedding showers or birthdays.
I love your recipe, I'll be making it again!
We really love that cream cheese frosting! It takes the already delicious banana cupcakes to heavenly good. 🙂