Soft, tender and moist Pumpkin Cake Recipe topped with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting! This is such a simple Pumpkin Cake to bake. No special equipments and zero techniques are needed to put this together!
Try my Fresh Apple Crumb Cake next! Find all Fall Desserts Recipes right this way.
Taste and Texture:
- Amazingly M-O-I-S-T crumb
- Perfectly spiced with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
- Loaded with ample of pumpkin flavor
- Topped with sweet and tangy Cream Cheese Frosting
- Canned Pumpkin: This cake recipe uses half a can of pumpkin. If you are looking to use up the remaining pumpkin, try these Pumpkin Muffins. I use Libby's brand. It gives best taste and perfect color to pumpkin cakes.
- Sugar: I use only brown sugar in these Pumpkin bundt cakes because we don't want them to dry out. But for this cake we will use both granulated and brown sugar.
- Eggs: You will require two eggs for this cake, make sure they are at room temperature.
- Oil: Oil makes supremely moist cake just like this Chocolate Cake Recipe. If you wish to double this recipe and bake it in 9 x 13 inch pan, you may use half cup unsweetened apple sauce and half cup oil. Your cake would be just as moist!
- Leaveners: Both baking powder and baking soda are required for perfect rise and lift!
- Spices: Instead of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice you can use a combination of ginger, cloves, nutmeg and allspice like in this Gingerbread Bundt Cake.
How to make Pumpkin Cake:
- Add eggs, oil, both sugars and vanilla to a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Next add in pumpkin puree.
- Sift all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices) over wet.
- Fold them in and form batter.
- Pour the batter in pre-lined 8 inch square pan and bake till done.
How to make Cream Cheese Frosting:
While this light, fluffy, moist and perfectly spiced Pumpkin Cake is so good on its own, you will adore it with this creamy Cream Cheese Frosting! To make it-
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand/stand mixer beat cream cheese and butter on high till creamy. Now add confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt to it. Beat on low for about 20 seconds and then beat on high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Spread on cooled cake. Stick the cake into refrigerator for around 30-45 minutes before serving. This step will make cutting slices a breeze!
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, absolutely. Double the cake batter by switching the servings to 2x in the recipe card and bake it in 9 x 13 inch pan at same oven temperature for about 30-35 minutes. Also double the recipe for frosting.
More Pumpkin Desserts you will Love:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies Recipe
If you liked this recipe, give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 8x8 inch square baking pan
- Hand mixer
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ Cup Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ Cup Brown sugar (light/dark)
- ¼ Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1½ tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting (Get the recipe here)
- Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Add oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract to a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt) over the wet ones and fold in gently to combine. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on your cake. When a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, your cake is baked.
- Remove the cake from the oven and invert cake on a wire rack after 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting. You may keep the cake in freezer to cool down quickly. Then frost as desired.
Never tried a pumpkin cake. Gotta give it a shot after reading this. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for this comprehensive recipe! Looks delicious!
Looks delicious! I hope I could start learning how to bake, this would be the first recipe I would try. Thanks for sharing!
I want a slice of Pumpkin Cake! So good! So yummy! I can't wait to make one soon.
This pumpkin cake looks delicious and easy to make. Perfect for the family this weekend 🙂
This looks yummy,I think the topping makes it prettier makes me want to make it haha.
Yey, ths pumpkin season is here.. I love this recipe and it is surely a great Halloween treat too.. And also it looks like it is so moist and that's how exactly i prefer my pumpkin cake.. Yum.. Thank you so much for sharing
This sounds gorgeous! I would definitly love to make this some day. Especially for Halloween.
Heather Klein Wolf
I'm a pumpkin-everything addict. This cake looks diving can't wait to try the recipe.
That looks delicious! I love the little pumpkins you put on top. That really makes it so adorable.
This pumpkin cake recipe looks absolutely divine! It looks nice and moist and the combination with cream cheese frosting, can't wait to try it sometime.
Grasyah [Of Coffee and Crackers]
wow!! By the looks of it seems so delish!! Pinned this too!!
This looks incredible, and all the ingredients are pretty much pantry staples! I think pumpkin cupcakes with this would be awesome, thanks for sharing!