This post has been sponsored by NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Moist, soft, and dotted with melty chocolate chips, these Pumpkin Choc Chip Muffins will be a fall staple after the first taste!
As the leaves begin to change color, I only want orange colored breakfasts dotted with chocolate chips. Can you blame me?
Even better if the choc chips are from Toll House! Made with 100% real chocolate, so creamy, and rich, they are my go-to choc chips. Plus, you can save now on NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels!
Do you love pumpkin spice? I bet you do! 😉 Try folding some Pumpkin Spice Morsels from Toll House into your muffins. Thank me later!
pumpkin choc chip muffins ingredients
Besides the usual staples—Flour, egg, leaveners, and granulated sugar, below are the ingredients to make the most tender, moist, and chocolate-y pumpkin muffins!
- Oil: Any oil works here. Canola, vegetable, avocado, or even sesame does!
- Brown sugar: Moisture from the molasses in the brown sugar makes the most tender pumpkin muffins. Both light and dark sugars will do the job.
- Chocolate chips: I found Toll House semi-sweet morsels in Walmart. Do you know what I love the most about the holidays? They keep holiday-inspired stuff in the main walking aisle. Makes it so easy to sight the products! 😉 And you can always locate them in the baking aisle section.
- Milk: Full-fat, low-fat, or even dairy-free milk are fine in this recipe.
- Salt and spices: I like to use pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon in my muffins. You may use a combination of ginger, nutmeg, and cloves if you don’t have pumpkin spice on hand. 1/8 tsp each!
How to make Pumpkin muffins
These fall muffins are so easy to make that you will feel you are doing something wrong! Let’s quickly get to the process.
- Mix oil, pumpkin puree, both sugars, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Now, sift all the dry ingredients together (using a sieve) directly over the wet.
- Toss in Toll House chocolate Chips. Pour in liners.
- And bake! We’ll bake our muffins at initial high temp and then, keeping muffins in the oven, reduce the temp to 350 deg F and bake until done.
- I love to top my muffins with a few more choc chips as soon as they are done baking.
Oh, that pleasure of sinking your teeth into warm, soft tender and deliciously spiced desserts! Why doesn’t fall last all year long!!!
More easy muffin recipes for you to enjoy!
Have you tried my apple coffee cake made with fresh apples yet?
And here is my classic cinnamon coffee cake recipe with a twist!
- 14 Tbsp (110 gms) All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Oil
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar (packed, light or dark)
- 3/4 cup (170 gms) Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 large Egg (room temp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Milk (room temp)
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 435 deg F (218 deg C) and line a 6 count muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour in oil, pumpkin puree, both sugars, vanilla, egg and milk together. Whisk them all to combine.
- Now, sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices over wet ingredients. Fold in to form muffin batter. Do not over mix here. Just fold in till no flour pockets are visible.
- Now fold in chocolate chips and spoon and divide the batter in 6 prepared liners.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then keeping the muffins in oven, reduce the oven temp to 350 deg F (177 deg C). And continue to bake for an additional 15-17 minutes. Or till the muffins pass toothpick test.
- So total time for these pumpkin muffins is around 20-22 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes. Now is the time to top your muffins with a few more choc chips for looks (and more chocolate!!!). Cool these further down on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm!
- You can store muffins at room temp (covered tightly) up to 2 days.
- For longer storage refrigerate them up to 5 days.
- These pumpkin muffins can also be frozen for 2-3 months (if they last that long!) Thaw on counter top or in the fridge and reheat before enjoying!