Made with zero flour, zero refined sugar and no oil, my Healthy Banana Zucchini Bread bakes super moist, fluffy and filled with nuts and chocolate Chips!
I am always on the look out for healthy breakfasts and healthy substitutes for my fave bread recipes, cupcakes and indulgent muffins.
This recipe today is no deviation. You will be amazed in the first bite that is doesn't contain any flour, is sweetened with honey, moistened with zucchini and ripe bananas.
Oh and instead of oil/butter, it uses natural nut butter! Yep, you don't need those creamy and sugar based nut butters for this bread recipe!
Recipe: Taste & Texture
- Soft and moist crumb
- Filled with warm spices and nuts
- Flavorsome with zero veggie taste
- Tastes like a lightly spiced bread with a hint of banana
- Melty chocolate chips in every bite
Healthified zucchini bread recipe ingredients:
Oats: We require finely ground oats for this recipe, this will replace the need of adding any flour to the batter.
Flax seeds: Flax seeds are optional, but they are a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. They also help in rendering some structure to the bread.
Bananas: This recipe need two of them, the ripen the better!
Spices: We are spicing up this bread with cinnamon. You could also add a touch of nutmeg or allspice powder. Both work wonderfully here.
Nuts: I use pecans here, you may also add walnuts or skip nuts if you'd like.
How to make zucchini banana bread:
I used my recipe of Blender muffins to create this bread. Process to make batter is pretty much the same as these muffins. With only difference that I doubled the recipe to fit into a standard size loaf pan.
Oh and that you won't have to pour them into individual liners to bake! 😉
And the results are even moister! Also yay to less efforts. 😉 So lets see how we will put this batter together.
- Blend any natural nut butter with banana, eggs, vanilla and honey together.
- Next add in ground oats, flax seeds, salt and leveaners and fold'em all.
- Then fold in shredded and blotted zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips in the batter.
- Pour in a bread pan and bake at 350 deg F.
- Yep it is that SIMPLE!
Quick tips and FAQs to make the best zucchini bread:
Do you peel zucchini for bread?
No it is absolutely not required! The peel contains numerous antioxidants and you don't want to miss out on them. You won't taste any of if after the bread bakes.
Why did my zucchini bread fall?
- Check that your leaveners are fresh and not expired.
- You accidentally added too much liquid! That's where a measuring scale helps.
Should you refrigerate zucchini bread?
If you like your zucchini bread to last longer than 2-3 days, you can store it in refrigerator for up to a week.
How do you fix soggy zucchini bread?
Allow it to air dry for a few hours, do not cover it.
Or alternatively, you can cut your bread into slices, place them on a lined baking tray and bake these slices for up to 5 minutes in a pre heated oven at 350 deg F.
What is the best way to shred zucchini?
Wash and dry the zucchini. A grater works best to shred zucchini. I use large shredder side of it.
However, I also make use of my spiralizer when grater isn't available. I then cut my spiralized zucchini into small chunks that resemble shredded zucchini. Check the visual above. 😉
How do you get the water out of zucchini?
You can blot zucchini using a paper towel. Or you can place zucchini between your palms and squeeze the extra moisture out.
More Breakfast recipes you will love:
If you liked this recipe, give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Healthy Banana Zucchini Bread
- Loaf Pan
- 1 ½ (120 g) Cups Oats (Ground to fine flour)
- 2 Tbsp Flax seeds
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 6 (94 g) Tbsp Almond Butter
- 6 Tbsp Honey
- 1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 (200 g) medium Bananas (ripened, at room temp)
- 1 (114 g) Cup Zucchini (Shredded, Excess liquid drained)
- ⅓ Cup Chocolate chips (I used both dark and milk)
- ⅓ Cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan (8 x 4 inches) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flax seeds and cinnamon powder in your blender and pulse till you get a fine flour. Take them out in a medium mixing bowl ans set aside.
- Now add all the wet ingredients except for shredded zucchini and blend until a smooth batter forms. Add wet ingredients to dry. Also mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Fold in zucchini (removed of excess liquids) and pour batter in the pre prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffins comes out clean. Cover with aluminium foil half way through to avoid over browning on top.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in loaf pan and place on a wire rack to cool down further.
- Slice when cooled and set properly.