Soft, buttery moist and fluffy Banana Muffins dunked in melted butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar for something extra! Ready in under 30 Minutes tops!
Or try my whole wheat Banana Muffins next! Find all my Easy Breakfast Recipes here.
There is no better way to use over ripe bananas and pre-prepping breakfast at the same time, Is there?
Also not only donuts deserve all the buttery cinnamon sugar dunk, its muffins turn today! 😉
Muffins: Taste & Texture
- Moist, fluffy and oh-so-buttery muffins base
- Deliciously dunked in melted butter and cinnamon sugar
- Overflowing with cinnamon and banana flavors in every bite
Recipe Ingredients and process:
You only need a few simple ingredients to bring these Banana Muffins together. I am sure you have all of them in your pantry right now!
- All Purpose Flour
- Leaveners: Baking powder+Baking soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sugar, Salt and Vanilla
- One Egg, ripe banana, and some oil
- Begin by mashing a banana in bowl. Add oil, egg, sugar, vanilla and give them all a good mix.
- Sift flour, salt, leaveners and cinnamon over wet ingredients.
- Fold it till just combined. Pour in liners and bake!
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
I melted 2 Tbsps of butter and mixed 2 tbsp sugar with 1 tsp Cinnamon. If you find your muffins to be soaking a lot of butter, you may also coat butter on muffins with a pastry brush.
This will save muffins from soaking up way too much butter. Which isn't so bad though (The more butter, the better ;D)
Can you use frozen bananas for baking?
Yes, of course. If you have ripe bananas on hand that you don't wish to bake/use right now. Freeze them in a ziploc.
How do you defrost bananas for baking?
Allow the bananas to thaw in the fridge overnight. Or for a few hours on the counter top. If you notice bananas are releasing extra moisture, get rid of it using a paper towel.
how to make moist muffins?
- Follow this simple rule, everything room temperature. This will allow muffins ingredients to mix better, creating soft and moist muffins.
- Don't over mix the batter. It will bake hard and tough muffins.
- Do not over bake them. Every oven is different. So keep a close eye on them and rely on tooth pick test.
Recipes to use leftover bananas:
If you liked these Banana Muffins give them a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog Also follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- Muffin Tray
- ½ cup + ⅓ cup (104 g) All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (100 gms) 1 small Mashed Banana (Room Temperature)
- 1 large Egg (Room Temperature)
- ¼ cup Oil
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 Tbsp Butter (melted, unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a muffin pan with 5 paper liners. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash a banana. Add oil, egg, vanilla and sugar in and give them all a good whisk.
- Sift all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon) in another bowl.
- Now mix dry ingredients into wet and stir in only until the flour disappears. Pour batter in liners and bake for 17-20 minutes or until they pass toothpick test.
- Allow to cool on a wire stand.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Mix sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Dunk muffins tops in butter and then coat evenly in cinnamon sugar.
- You may store muffins at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 3 days. In fridge for up to 5 days.
- Also they are freezer friendly and store well for up to 2 months. Thaw on counter top or overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
These banana cinnamon muffins are delish. Very moist and easy to make. A big hit with the kids.
They look perfectly fluffy and yummy! Love to make them this weekend, a great addition to our usual brunch.
Amy Liu Dong
This muffins recipe deserves to have a 5 stars ratings, aside from it's delicious taste it also easy to make. Love it!
I never thought to make banana muffins. I usually take the lazy route and just make bread. These would be perfect for an on the go breakfast!
Best for Breakfast and best as a snack or Tiffin option too. Love the combination of Cinnamon and Banana. Sounds delicious. My Tea cup is ready too.
These banana cinnamon muffins are so good and I love the cinnamon addition- will definitely make again!
Better than banana bread. Also I love cinnamon so these muffins were perfect for me.
Amy Liu Dong
Oh, I would love to try this muffin recipe for my kids, it looks really delicious!
These muffins look so so good. I love the cinnamon sugar coating! Brilliant idea!
Best enjoyed with my Cup of Tea. Looks delicious and moist and I love the flavor of Cinnamon and combination of Banana. Yum
Loreto and Nicoletta Nardelli
Love that cinnamon sugar on top! It makes these banana muffins even more delicious! And they look so fluffy!
These were perfect! They taste like a mash-up of banana bread and snickerdoodles.
Any time banana is involved, I'm all in. Those look really good.
Lisa | Garlic & Zest
Look at the crown on your banana cinnamon muffins! Perfection.
I think I am going to need to bake up a batch of these this week! Yum! 🙂
Fresh baked muffins are so delicious. I would love these with my morning coffee. Great addition to the brunch line up.
I'm a firm believer in everyone having a great muffin recipe to fall back on and this one looks like a winner. Great texture, flavour, and simple to make are all important aspects of muffin making.
I made these muffins this morning and my whole family devoured them! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
these look delicious! the cinnamon sugar topping just puts them over the top! YUM
This recipe is a great way to use up ripe bananas. I also love the flavor of the cinnamon, tastes like a donut almost. 🙂