Soft, chewy, festive and inky-pinky strawberry chocolate chip cookies recipe. Only one you will want to bake!
Or try their giant counterpart! You won’t even need to roll extra balls. So easy!
These strawberry cookies you sight above are anything but ordinary. They are filled with strawberry flavor, loaded with gooey chocolate chips and exploding with sweet cherries.
If you have can pick one cookie from a plate that serves chocolate cookies, vanilla chocolate chip cookies and strawberry chocolate chip cookies, which one will you pick? Pink ones?
See. Told Ya. You are already in love!
When you taste chocolate, strawberry and cherry in every bite of a soft, perfectly chewy and flavorsome cookie. You reach cookie nirvana! That’s the kind of homemade strawberry cookie we are talking about!
So easy! Just like these bars right here!
How to make strawberry chocolate chip cookies
One bowl, 7-ingredients, no sifting, no chilling! Yes, it’s more than a cookie dream come true!
Mix eggs, oil and vanilla in a bowl to combine. Add in cake mix and leavener. Throw in mini chocolate chips and some cherries. Roll into tall balls. And bake!
The only thing to keep in mind is these cookies have the tendency to spread quite a lot. To avoid excessive spreading, we will roll the balls tall rather than round. This trick keeps the spread in check.
Oh and also do not bake them more than 9 minutes. They may appear undone or unset. But worry not! They will firm up once they cool down. You bake these anymore than 10 minutes and they will turn brown.
I’d suggest baby sit them as eighth minute passes by!
I am not a huge fan of cake-mix cakes or cupcakes in general. But I adore these super easy strawberry cookies. Reason? Only one. These don’t taste artificial, like they are filled with chemicals and raising agents.
All you taste is real sweet strawberries folded with chocolate and cherries! If you are a strawberry/pink cookie fan. You gotta try these!
Love strawberries? Then baking these cookies in cups is a must! But ignoring my stupid rhymes is optional.
Soft, chewy, festive and inky-pinky strawberry chocolate chip cookies recipe using cake mix. Only one you will want to bake!
- 1 Box Strawberry cake mix
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Mini chocolate chips
- 10-12 Whole cherries (preserved ones, drained)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper/silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl add oil, vanilla and egg (everything at at room temperature). And mix well with a spoon till well combined.
3. Add in cake mix and baking powder. No need to sift. Stir with a spoon to form a dough. Make sure no lumps remain. Throw in half of the chocolate chips (save the rest for decoration) and chopped cherries. If you find the dough sticky, freeze for 3-4 minutes (covering with a cling wrap) or until the dough is firm enough to handle.
4. Take the dough in your hands (using a small ice cream scoop) and roll into tall balls. Don't make these round. As the cookies have a tendency to spread out in oven quite a bit.
5. Put the tall dough balls on the prepared sheets at a distance and bake for about 9-10 minutes.
6. Let them cool down further on a wire rack and this is the time to press the remaining chocolate chips into them.
7. Ready to enjoy when cooled down completely.
- Strawberry cookies are famous for catching color quickly. So keep an eye on them. Every oven is different. Turn the tray half way through (after 6 mins) if you see them browning too soon on one side.
- The cookies might appear soft in the center at the ninth minute. Don't be tempted to over bake them. These will firm up as they cool down.