Topped with fresh fruits, light and refreshing, frosted with lemon cream cheese frosting, these patriotic mini fruit pizza sugar cookies are a must bake this summer!
But if you are more iced sugar cookie person than frosted one, you need to chek my easy iced rose cookie tutorial!
If you have never made homemade mini fruit pizza cookies before, go grab some fresh fruit. Like, right now! Soften that block of cream cheese (also some butter ;)). And get ready to bake some mini pizza cookies.
Coz pizza in the dessert form is the
best only way to dessert during summer, right? Right??
Soft and chewy sugar cookies frosted with smooth cream cheese frosting. Then topped with fresh fruit these easy fruit pizza cookies are a perfect dessert idea for summer parties.
Yay to long afternoons, flip-flops and blue skies!
Okay, lets chat about fruit pizza cookie recipe ingredients separately for a minute.
Mini fruit pizza cookie components:
There are 3!
- SUGAR COOKIES: This is my perfectly thick, super soft and oh-so-chewy sugar cookie recipe. Nothing screams like summer when these are slathered with cream cheese frosting. Then topped with fresh berries.
But for times when berries aren't in season, try these with some sprinkles on top. Color that frosting. Give wings to your imagination!
I assure you these cookies taste just as good served plain. Soft, chewy and just the right amount of sweet.
This one is my go-to sugar cookie recipe.
But if you are not in a mood to bake from scratch right now (Hello 100 degrees!), try my cake mix sugar cookies. I have baked these in 6 different ways using one dough!
How do you keep cookies soft and chewy?
My number 1 tip is to add an extra egg yolk in the dough. As a result you get Super CHEWY Cookies!
And for the cookies to stay chewy after baking, add a slice of white bread to the jar you keep them.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
I flavored mine with a hint of lemon (coz summer=lemony desserts!!!). Believe me you are going to love it.
But I did not tint it yellow, coz it is almost 4th of July! Did you notice our fruit pizza cookies today are themed red, white and blue?
If you don't want lemon flavor for the frosting check this frosting out from Allrecipes.com
- FRESH FRUIT TOPPINGS: Now there are a ton of choices here. As almost all fruits taste yum in sugar cookie pizza. But if you wish to stick to patriotic cookies theme, how about raspberries?
Or swapping some of the blueberries for blackberries. I leave it upto you!
But I certainly love how strawberries form a star shape when just 5 slices are placed on a mini fruit cookie. Or pizzookie! Pizza+cookie? Pizzookie? No?
I cannot get over how fruit sugar cookies look way cuter than a giant fruit pizza with sugar cookie crust, don't ya?
If not, check out my strawberry cookies in giant form! 😉
Also these are super easy to serve at get togethers. No knives, no cutting into individual slices, no mess! Bake them, have fun. Follow me on Instagram and tag me in your clicks!
Mini fruit pizza sugar cookies
- Baking Tray
- Hand beater/ Stand Mixer
- 2 ¾ Cups All purpose flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened to room temperature)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fresh fruits/berries to top
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- ⅓ Cup Salted butter (Softened)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 2 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon extract
- For the Sugar Cookies: 1. Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl and set it aside.
- 2. Beat room temperature butter and sugar until fluffy and creamed. About 3 minutes.
- 3. Then mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Now slowly add flour in the bowl and beat just until the dough comes together. Scrape sides as needed. The dough will be thick.
- 4. Scoop dough and divide into 24 equal balls (about 41 gms each). Roll them and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper/silicon mats approx 3 inches apart. At this point I like to place my dough balls in the freezer till they are super cool and firm to touch. About 10-20 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 deg F. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. They will appear uncooked in the center, but don't be tempted to bake them any longer. The cookies continue to bake as they cool down.
- 6. Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes on tray and transfer on wire stand to cool further. Bake all the cookies anf frost just before ready to serve and top with fresh fruit/berries.
For Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1. In a bowl of stand mixer, using paddle attachment (you can also use a hand beater) beat butter and cream cheese together until creamy.
- 2. Mix in powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest. Beat until the frosting gets light and creamy.
- Chilling the cookie dough is an optional step in this recipe but I recommend it to ensure thick and super chewy sugar cookies.
This recipe is delicious! I love the lemon frosting, it makes the desert so refreshing with the fruit added to it. I am actually planning on making these for the fourth of July!
Fruit pizza is such a summer classic, and I absolutely love this cute mini version! Perfect for parties and serving a crowd, especially since I totally hate cutting into big desserts. So yum!
These are awesome for big fourth of july parties and sound very addicting !
Delicious and patriotic... count me in! I am making these for Thursday. I know they will be a hit with my friends and family!
These mini fruit pizza cookies will be perfect to bake with my girls and her friends this week for fourth of July.
OMG! These fruit pizza cookies look so adorable! It will be so much much fun to decorate it together with kids! Definitely will try it!
Marisa F. Stewart
This is such a cute idea!! I love the addition of the fruit. Now, these cookies are great for a Patriotic holiday, but I can imagine using different colored fruit for other holidays. And I LOVE chewy cookies. Thank you for the tip about the extra egg yolk.
These mini fruit pizza cookies are the perfect dessert for the Fourth of July! They look so cute too.
Such a fun dessert! I think I may be adding these to our July 4th menu.
These look so cute.. Would love to serve these at a party. Easy to make and beautiful
How nice! I would have never thought about putting fresh fruits and frosting on cookies. I'd probably have turned to mini shortcrust. I love this idea!
I LOVE fruit pizza! These are adorable and now I'm in the mood to make them! Thanks for sharing!
Really and cute and cool idea for a kids party. Healthy and creative. Vow..
Renee | The Good Hearted Woman
Oh my gosh - how cute are these!?! I have a July 4th birthday girl - I'd love to make these for her next party!
These cookies are adorable! They look so fun and tasty. I agree, they look better than a giant fruit pizza.
Ahh I love fruit pizzas!! They’re one of my favourite summer desserts, they’re so refreshing. These look so pretty and tasty. I love the photographs too!
Absolutely! This is a fabulous cookie recipe that are perfect to celebrate a special day or just to surprise your guests! Love the composition!
These are adorable and easy too! Excited to make these for my kids this weekend! I will have to make them again on the 4th too!