This Pumpkin tart is kissed with warm spices, has a Gingerbread crust and sweetened with condensed milk. The pumpkin filling always holds its shape, always!
Oh and these Million Dollar Bars are ruling hearts this season, give them a go! You will also love these weight watchers pumpkin muffins. Talking about healthy stuff, this Greek Beet Salad is a must try too.
Isn't it so awesome to combine two festive desserts together? I am talking gingerbread and pumpkin pie good!
You will fall in love with this perfectly spiced and sweet, so creamy yet sturdy pumpkin filling. This Holiday Favorite glossy pumpkin filling sits on a spiced gingerbread crust filled with robust molasses flavors!
I know your mouth is watering too! Lets look straight into how we are making this Holiday Tart.
Pumpkin tart ingredients:
There are only 7! Yes only 7 ingredients to make this Easy Pumpkin Tart Recipe.
- Pumpkin Puree: Both store bought and homemade pumpkin puree are fine here. If using homemade make sure it isn't too runny.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condense milk not only sweetens, but also helps the pie to hold its shape well. Win-win!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Can't do without it! 😉
- Egg yolk: To make the tart rich and creamy.
- Salt: To balance the sweetness and bring out the flavor of pumpkin tart.
- Ginger Bread Cookies: I used my homemade Gingerbread cookies for this tart. You may use store bought cookies here.
- Melted Butter: For making the cookie crust.
How to make pumpkin tart?
There are two parts to this easy Pumpkin Tart recipe.
- Making the gingerbread crust
- Preparing the Pumpkin filling
To make the crust: We will add some melted butter to ground cookies, mix them well and press on the tart pan.
For the Pumpkin Filling: We will just mix all the filling ingredients together and pour over the pressed gingerbread cookie crust.
And the best part? We don't even need to pre-bake the crust. Can it get any easier!!!
Pumpkin tart faqs:
Homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin?
Honestly, I have tried making this tart with both homemade pumpkin puree and canned pumpkin. But I liked the texture and appearance of tart with canned pumpkin much better.
Can I substitute pumpkin pie mix for canned pumpkin?
No, absolutely not! Pumpkin pie mix already has sugar added to it and we don't want any more sugar in out Pumpkin tart.
What can I use if I don't have a tart pan?
A pie plate of exact same measure will be a perfect substitute to bake this tart or any other tart recipe.
How do you unmold a tart?
- Allow the tart to cool down before attempting to unmold it
- You will notice the tart is beginning to release from the sides.
- To remove the tart pan rim with ease, place it on a pumpkin/beans can.
- Now gently hold the pan rim and pull it downward to release the pie and reveal that pretty pattern.
Do you grease a tart pan?
- If you are lining a tart pan, it isn't required.
- If your tart pan is new, you won't need to grease it as crusts already have a lot of butter in it.
- In every other case, yes you must grease your pan with a very thin coat of butter to help unmold your tarts easily.
Here are more Pumpkin Desserts that you'll enjoy!
My not so innocent Pumpkin muffins with melty chocolate chips
Small batch Pumpkin Choc-chip cookies
Pumpkin Tart Recipe
- ½ Can Canned Pumpkin Puree
- ⅓ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch Salt
Gingerbread Cookie Crust
- 1 ¼ Cup Gingerbread Cookies (Crushed)
- 3 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and add melted butter to crushed gingerbread cookies.
- Mix them well and press evenly in a 6 inch tart pan and set aside.
- Mix pumpkin puree, egg yolk, salt, pumpkin spice and condensed milk in a bowl and beat to mix it all well.
- Pour this pumpkin filling over the prepared cookie crust and bake for about 25-30 mins.
- Or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean or the tart is no longer wobbly in the center.
- Allow to come to room temperature and then take out of the tart pan ring.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Pie will keep for 2 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on counter top before serving.