Celebrating Halloween is easy with this delicious Halloween Bark recipe. It's a fast and flavorful way to have "spooky" colors and tastes. With a combination of white and dark chocolate, it's the perfect balance of sweetness with every single bite. Ready from start to finish in under an hour!
If you love Chocolate desserts and easy treats, leave everything else and make these decadent Chocolate Truffles. Also this Chocolate Mug Cake, oh and these Small Batch of Chocolate Cupcakes, small batch Chocolate Chip Cookies and single Layer Chocolate Cake are so easy to make.
TASTE AND TEXTURE:
- Chocolaty and crunchy from all the sprinkles
- Smooth, bright, and colorful
- Various sizes and shapes due to breakage
- dark chocolate - You can use chocolate chips here or dark chocolate bars - your choice.
- white chocolate - This can also be chocolate chips or a white chocolate bar.
- Coconut Oil/any flavorless oil - Needed to create the smoothness, texture and to thin out this simple bark recipe.
- Colored Chocolate - This chocolate bark is super versatile. You may either use candy melts, or mix some colored cocoa butter in white chocolate or even add a few drops of gel food coloring to white chocolate to create your favorite Halloween colors. Just go with what you have on hand. Change up the colors easily and make this bark any color that you want.
- Sprinkles and Royal icing Decorations - Top with halloween sprinkles and cute royal icing shapes of choice. I used pumpkins and cute ghosts from sprinkles pop shop
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN BARK
Line your baking tray. Put parchment paper on your baking tray to avoid sticking.
Melt dark chocolate. Grab the dark chocolate and add it to a microwave-safe bowl. You can then place it in the microwave and heat it in 15-second intervals until melted. Stir each time to help it melt quickly.
Divide the chocolate. Pour white chocolate and candy melts into different bowls.
Melt the chocolates. Melt white chocolate and all the colored chocolate that you are using. Make sure to melt them all in clean and different bowls.
Add coloring/cocoa butter (if using). Add in a few drops or so of coloring/cocoa butter to melted bowls of chocolate and stir.
Spread out the chocolate. Spread out the melted dark chocolate on the bottom of your baking sheet and then pour melted white and colored chocolates right on top in dollops with a spoon.
Swirl in the colors. Using a toothpick or a butter knife swirl the candy bark lightly.
Put in the fridge. Once everything is mixed and ready, place the pan in the fridge for two hours to harden. Remove, break the bark into pieces, and eat!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO BREAK APART THE BARK?
You have options on how to break apart the chocolate bark once it's hardened. The first option would be to carefully drop or tap the baking pan on the counter. This may work to break that bark into pieces that you can then put into a bowl.
The second option is to use a small mallet or even a butter knife to just hit into the bark. It won't take a ton of force to break so be careful as you don't want bark flying out of the pan and onto the floor.
CAN YOU FREEZE CHOCOLATE BARK?
You can. Once it's set and ready, just add the pieces to a storage bag that is freezer-safe. It'll keep in the freezer until you're ready to pull out a piece and enjoy.
QUICK TIPS FOR MAKING HALLOWEEN BARK
- Don't overmix the dyed chocolate into the white chocolate mixture. You want the colors to stand out, so just giving them a little swirl is all you'll need to do.
- If one hour in refrigerator isn't enough to have the bark set enough, just be patient and give it a little more time.
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES
If you liked this Halloween Recipe recipe, give it a star review. Also, tell me in the comments below, how did this turn out for you! And don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram at #greedyeatsblog And lets be friends on Pinterest and Facebook too! 🙂
- 24 ounces Dark Chocolate (bars or chocolate chips, both are fine)
- 3 ounces White Chocolate (both chips and bars are fine)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (to thin out chocolate)
- ¼ cup Orange Candy Melts
- ¼ cup Green Candy Melts
- ¼ cup Fuchsia Candy Melts
Halloween Sprinkles and Royal Icing Pieces
- ¼ cup Sprinkles of choice
- few Royal icing pieces (I got them from sprinkle pop shop)
- few Pumpkins
- ⅛ cup m&ms
- Line your baking tray. Put parchment paper on your baking tray to avoid sticking.
- Melt the chocolate. Grab the dark chocolate and add it to a microwave-safe bowl. You can then place it in the microwave and heat it in 15-second intervals until melted. Stir each time to help it melt quickly. Add a tsp of coconut oil and stir it in too if required.
- Repeat. Do the same process with the white chocolate and candy melts. Make sure to melt it in clean and different bowls. Make sure to add ½-1 tsp of coconut oil to melted chocolates if its thick after melting, and stir it in too.
- Spread out the chocolate. Spread out the melted dark chocolate on the bottom of your baking sheet and then pour dollops of melted white chocolate and candy melts right on top.
- Mix in the colors. Quickly swirl the bark using a toothpick or use a butter knife to swirl the colors in lightly.
- Top with sprinkles and other toppings: Top with Halloween sprinkles, m&ms, pumpkins and/or royal icing ghosts.
- Put in the fridge. Once everything is ready, place the pan in the fridge for approximately 1 hour to harden. Remove, break the bark into pieces using a sharp knife and enjoy!
- Chocolate bark stays good in a cool place (at room temperature) for 2 weeks, in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks, in an airtight container.
- For longer storage, you may freeze your bark for 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before enjoying.